Motorcycle Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been riding since I was a kid and you cannot get me on a dirt bike again. I'm an unlucky motherfucker and that just sounds like a very, very bad idea. That being said I'd love to get an adventure bike but nowhere to really adventure around here without driving way the fuck out in the middle of nowhere or trespassing.

My friends go every weekend and they almost always get fucked up, this video is from last weekend.

He said every one of them ate shit going through that thing.

OK so, just don't be dumb. All of them got fucked? Well then why the fuck did they all do it?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
OK so, just don't be dumb. All of them got fucked? Well then why the fuck did they all do it?

Only way around the barbwire. Dirtbikes are just dangerous in general when riding unfamiliar areas, I'd rather be on a 4 wheeler. To each their own I guess.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only way around the barbwire. Dirtbikes are just dangerous in general when riding unfamiliar areas, I'd rather be on a 4 wheeler. To each their own I guess.

I didn't see there was barbwire there (not wearing my glasses), my mistake.

Quads are fun too, but my preference has always been the nimbleness of a bike. It's interesting that a couple of guys here have said "never a dirtbike again, only on the road" but my feelings are exactly the opposite. I've been close to serious injury and death far too many times on a road bike to ever want to do that again. Too many variables you simply cannot control and the speeds are far too high. I'll take a lazy bike-hike over hills and through mud any day.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
90% of my riding is done at the track since my commute is/was done via mass transit for less headache than if I was to ride into the city. That and I’ve been working 6+ days a week since the lock down and haven’t had much free time to actually do anything extracurricular. Generally it’ll be my fuckup at the track, but the possibility of having someone else run into me is always there.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Woohoo, getting a 790 Adventure R next year might have gotten a little cheaper.

Hekotat

Fortnine has some valid complaints on the new Adventure 390. Kinda bummed since I loved my Duke 390.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, it's a joke really. I do wish the 490's were a March 2021 thing instead of a March 2022 thing.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I miss my bike.

Maybe in a year or two I'll get a track bike.

Already figured a dirt bike would be like a heavy mountain bike... Sounds like it isn't tho.

Odd, I road my gsxr like a mountain bike a lot of the time... Tore the shit out of the exhaust and sensors/servos on the bottom.

Fucking miss my bike. Used to keep it in my bedroom at night. Lol

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here's my baby. Got hit by a deer riding it home from getting it dynatuned. Finally fixed. With the cat delete and tune it's amazing.

IMG_20200910_112811830.jpg

It is a very fun bike. Not the best at any one thing but good at everything.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
It was 70 degrees yesterday (In November!!), so I took advantage and road all the back roads. Took a three hour ride, it was fantastic. It's supposed to be 40 on Wednesday. I guess we'll see if there are any more rides this year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm stubborn, going to be like 34degree's leaving at dark at 0500 to get to a couple hour work training 40 miles away. Thinking of suiting up to take the H2.

Hekotat

I'm in Texas so winter is like 70 every day other than at night or for like 2 weeks out of the year. I ride as long as it's above 40.