Motorcycle Thread

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
That new crop of adventure bikes look pretty sweet. They look legit offroad capable instead of the afterthought of the previous batch of adventure bikes.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
No way I'm in the market to actually buy one. But I tried looking for a Husqvarna dealer and couldn't find anything. Must have looked in the wrong spot.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
No way I'm in the market to actually buy one. But I tried looking for a Husqvarna dealer and couldn't find anything. Must have looked in the wrong spot.

I'll buy one of these used in a few years.

vivaldi_gCyK72fHbq.png

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Just wanted to look at their dual sports. No way I could even ride a motorcycle now.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Havn't seen much on this, seems delightfully wretched. I want one I think lol. XSR Edit: Not a stock bike, damn it lol.

1594661117035.png

• 1Like

Sludig

Yamaha bike event this week, get to go ride the Niken GT out of curiosity, and signed up for the XSR 700 since I figure MT-10's will be spoken for or otherwise not much point since I already have my H2.

1594753722071.png

Hekotat

Fortnine has become my favorite reviewer on all things 2 wheels. The quality of the videos, detailed research really sets him apart from the rest. Here's his take on the Niken.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I like how he incorporates his physics degree into his video's, he's like the Alton Brown of motorcycles.

Hekotat

I like how he incorporates his physics degree into his video's, he's like the Alton Brown of motorcycles.

Be careful or you'll end up watching videos for 3 hours straight. I especially liked his video on how Harley fucked themselves. I wasn't aware of any of that information.

• 1Like

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
It's funny how back in the day he was ignored by manufacturers and their reason was that his channel was too small.

Now he actually has more subscribers than revzilla and they still ignore him.

Fact is, the large majority (all?) of bike reviewers just read the notes handed to them and ride the bikes in some place chosen by the manufacturers.

Fortnine gives no fucks. He says whatever he feels like saying and will explain in detail why something may suck about a bike. He's done some pretty harsh reviews on stuff they sell even (paraphrasing: we sell this, it sucks, you're a moron if you buy it).

Being the honest man in a sea of shills will make you popular, who would have thought?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
His review of the Ural is fantastic. He feels like a calmer version of Regular Car Reviews.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Be careful or you'll end up watching videos for 3 hours straight. I especially liked his video on how Harley fucked themselves. I wasn't aware of any of that information.

I would just be rewatching them :)

Seems like he is the Revzilla of Canada.

Last edited:

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Fortnine has become my favorite reviewer on all things 2 wheels. The quality of the videos, detailed research really sets him apart from the rest. Here's his take on the Niken.

If you buy a Niken, you need this...

Yes it's a mate of mine making the kits. Free plug for him

• 1Like

Sludig

If you buy a Niken, you need this...

Yes it's a mate of mine making the kits. Free plug for him
Probably not, but sweet as I felt like it was lacking a little oomph, like they shoulda squeezed the 900 in (think it's the 700 in it)

So yamaha fucked me sorta and certainly some other guys. 11am they send out an email that all the reservations cancelled first come first serve. I'm already on the way riding from an hour away. Get there for my 1200 ride, find this out, get fucked waiting for the 1300 ride and the only thing really available was their massive Cruiser tourer. That was actually a little fun, terrifying at first because of the bulk even compared to like a zx1400. Enough of the riders were novices on the guided route, I kept going up their assholes or otherwise being impatient in the small canyon ride we did. If an open course, I would have sadly smoked the R6 and MT10 with the cruiser lol.

Wouldnt let me reserve the nikken ahead of time, told me to come up after my first ride and ask for it. Sure as shit it was booked by then, so I was stuck waiting until 1600. Same thing lot of novice or at least just shittier riders that do maybe 1-2k miles a year. Nikken was fun little hard to describe. I certainly quickly adjusted and then getting too happy with the sticky front would start to wash the rear out a little turning from stops or otherwise taking street turns at slow speed then lighting it up.

Wasted time not so bad except for missing getting to try that little R6. Funny as it is, I never have tried a 600cc, went from my noob 650 twin straight to 1000CC's.

Last edited:

Hekotat

Was cooler in Dallas yesterday and got to put another 100 on the 650, can't wait for it to cool down.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't been riding much this summer either, to hot unless unless you ride in the mornings.

This guy is an insanely good rider.

Last edited: