Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
The consensus seems to be that the best option right now is to play 1.4.2 with a bunch of mods. There are some mods that are updated for the 1.5.x branch. I really only use a few that are for quality of life anyway.

I probably won't try it out again until 1.6 or 1.7. Every time they update they fuck things up. The economy is still out of whack. Half the perks are not implemented or broken. Notables disappear. No feasts. Marriage is superficial. Diplomacy is incomplete. UI is janky. Main quest is stupid. The game is a hot mess.

Its nearly as if games that takes 10 years to put out turn out like shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I think it was just a time thing. the standard 3 month new game cycle. game came out in march/april. april may june.. and suddenly 70% of the playerbase moved on to the new hotness game. like they do with EVERY game. this coincided with a major slow down in patching. 1.4.0 was may 15.. 1.4.3 was Jul 27. 1.5.0 was aug 15.

so, its not that everyone got pissed off. it just that the new hotness wore off, and everyone got tired waiting for things to be patched up.
Its a real danger with EA games. too many jump in day 1, for what is a really not finished game.

What I got working for 1.5:
mod config menu. with required libs. Harmony, Butterlib, uiextenderex.
Settlement icons (updated) this is a clone for 1.5. original author vanished. their is a second clone (settlement icons for latest) I grabbed, but have not tested yet. not sure which is best.
Diplomacy fixes e.1.5.1-blah blah blah. A clone of diplomacy fixes, which is abandoned.
Bear my banner simple version. mcm version is not working, I hear. abandoned.
Bannerlord tweaks 1.5 blah blah mcmv4 butterlib. also a clone iirc.

not working/abandoned/tested.
armor does something. havent seen a clone of this yet.. getting a version of this working, I would really like.
banner faction color enabler
bannerlord banner editor
cantrunforever
cheer mod v.1.2. (I think there is a renamed, expanded version of this. leadership or something.)
community patch.
control your allies after death 1.6.
detailed character creation.
fast dialogue. (probably not needed. some of its function was added to base game.)
fixed launcher. (just use vortex)
friendly tropp banner hotkeys.
modlib.
troop collisions and seige tower castle stairs fix.

Last edited:

Caliane

main branch
e1.5.2 patch

Removed old sheep model. Added new sheep model and animations.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

and obvs lots of other stuff.

1.5.3 beta, has more, and fixed bow/xbow perks notably.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
6 months in and perks still not complete. Meanwhile, modders had them all in a couple of weeks after release.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
modders had them all in a couple of weeks after release.
False, when I stopped playing about a month after release perks were no where near complete.

But generally I agree that TaleWorlds has a weird prioritization that does not seem to elevate low-hanging fruit that dramatically helps gameplay.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
False, when I stopped playing about a month after release perks were no where near complete.

But generally I agree that TaleWorlds has a weird prioritization that does not seem to elevate low-hanging fruit that dramatically helps gameplay.

Community Patch was uploaded 5 April. They've had most of the perks working for quite a while. TW has redefined some of the Perks but this mod implemented them to their original definitions.

• 1Like

Caliane

1.5.4 hit a couple days ago. it has a ton of perks. most are complete now.
Alt+left click to follow.

• 1Like

Caliane

I dunno.

The perk thing is weird. On one hand, you'd think yeah. easy fix. on the other hand, you'd think, isn't that a kindof late development thing, tweaking balance after everything else is set?
If I was doing it, I'd probably just put in a bunch of shitty, non gamebreaking "perks", with little effort to code. And then go back and put in real build defining ones, before release.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This worth picking up yet for someone who played the shit out of the original, PoP, etc

Caliane

IDK.
Half of reddit is "zomg not as many features as warband". then theres always someone that retorts. yeah well warband has had years of mods.. half those features you are talking about, are mods, not base game.

Personally im at 334hours on Bannerlord. and keep coming back to it.

They just posted Dev update #6. so next update should be in a week or two.
Rebellions and keep assualts as the two biggest new features imho. (+prison breaks, and more clan members.)

Mods go a long way in adding to the game.
Diplomacy fixes, consider my kingdom, realistic battle, etc.

Caliane

1.5.5 stable up.

I actually thought it was a bit small.
cross bow thing one of the most notable. Maybe the multiplayer stuff, which I ignore?

Almost nothing mentioned in the dev update #6 mentioned previously is in this.

looking at 1.5.6 beta.
probably what he meant there. looking at that, that has quite a bit of stuff. including the dev stuff.
  • 14 new villages were added.​

• 26 new battle terrains were added.​

• Changed village lore to match new locations and changed the production of some villages.​

• Settlement Nameplate Events​

Whenever a player gets in the viewing range of a settlement, they can see if there is a tournament or an issue available in that settlement without visiting it.
  • Menu Shortcuts​

Now players can use shortcuts to take actions in the panel they're currently in. For example, Change tabs with Q-E(LB-RB), Take/Dismiss all with Z-C(LT-RT), Recruit all with Z(LT) etc.

• Removed "need to be in the same party" requirement for the character developer. You’ll now be able to grant perks to clan members without moving them to your party.

• Players can now “Copy and Paste” their weapon designs in Crafting with CTRL+C and CTRL+V.

• Target locking is implemented. Players can now lock their camera to an enemy with the middle mouse key by default.

• Added weapon knockdown mechanics. "Show of Strength" perk from the two-handed tree and "Hard Knock" perk from the polearm tree should now work properly.

• Hostile actions against caravans and villagers (Force them to give supplies, taking them prisoner, attacking them) now give Roguery experience.
  • Recruiting bandits now gives Roguery experience.

• A new feature named "Emissary System" has been added to the game. With this feature, when a companion or family member is left in a town or a castle, the main hero will gain relation with the nobles and notables in that town or castle with a success chance. This chance increases with the "Charm" skill. Additionally, when the companion or the family member gains relation, he/she will also gain some experience according to the importance of the hero whose relation was improved with (importance level: kingdom leader > clan leader > notable).

• The prisoner recruitment process has been changed completely.
    Each troop has required "conformity" value to be generated by the party, to be recruited. This value is based on troop tier, so that higher tier troops will be harder to recruit. Owner party will generate conformity per hour for a random troop. Higher Leadership level will generate more conformity.

Recruiting bandits carries a culture penalty.

NPC lords can now recruit prisoners.

• Rebellion feature added.

• Players were making a profit when they declared war and made peace afterwards. This has been fixed. Kingdoms now usually want money for making peace with a weak player/player kingdom. Additionally, if the player breaks truce now his clan's aggressiveness increases and it will be a bit harder / more expensive to make new peace. The player now also loses relation with the rival king if he breaks the truce.

• he number of notables was constantly decreasing. This has been fixed. The number of notables in towns and villages is now also related to the prosperity value of town and hearth value of village.

• Barbers are now visible while pressing the "ALT" key in towns.
and uh.. no mention of DLSS?

Last edited:

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
1.5.5 stable up.

I actually thought it was a bit small.
cross bow thing one of the most notable. Maybe the multiplayer stuff, which I ignore?

Almost nothing mentioned in the dev update #6 mentioned previously is in this.

looking at 1.5.6 beta.
probably what he meant there. looking at that, that has quite a bit of stuff. including the dev stuff.
  • 14 new villages were added.​

• 26 new battle terrains were added.​

• Changed village lore to match new locations and changed the production of some villages.​

• Settlement Nameplate Events​

Whenever a player gets in the viewing range of a settlement, they can see if there is a tournament or an issue available in that settlement without visiting it.
  • Menu Shortcuts​

Now players can use shortcuts to take actions in the panel they're currently in. For example, Change tabs with Q-E(LB-RB), Take/Dismiss all with Z-C(LT-RT), Recruit all with Z(LT) etc.

• Removed "need to be in the same party" requirement for the character developer. You’ll now be able to grant perks to clan members without moving them to your party.

• Players can now “Copy and Paste” their weapon designs in Crafting with CTRL+C and CTRL+V.

• Target locking is implemented. Players can now lock their camera to an enemy with the middle mouse key by default.

• Added weapon knockdown mechanics. "Show of Strength" perk from the two-handed tree and "Hard Knock" perk from the polearm tree should now work properly.

• Hostile actions against caravans and villagers (Force them to give supplies, taking them prisoner, attacking them) now give Roguery experience.
  • Recruiting bandits now gives Roguery experience.

• A new feature named "Emissary System" has been added to the game. With this feature, when a companion or family member is left in a town or a castle, the main hero will gain relation with the nobles and notables in that town or castle with a success chance. This chance increases with the "Charm" skill. Additionally, when the companion or the family member gains relation, he/she will also gain some experience according to the importance of the hero whose relation was improved with (importance level: kingdom leader > clan leader > notable).

• The prisoner recruitment process has been changed completely.
    Each troop has required "conformity" value to be generated by the party, to be recruited. This value is based on troop tier, so that higher tier troops will be harder to recruit. Owner party will generate conformity per hour for a random troop. Higher Leadership level will generate more conformity.

Recruiting bandits carries a culture penalty.

NPC lords can now recruit prisoners.

• Rebellion feature added.

• Players were making a profit when they declared war and made peace afterwards. This has been fixed. Kingdoms now usually want money for making peace with a weak player/player kingdom. Additionally, if the player breaks truce now his clan's aggressiveness increases and it will be a bit harder / more expensive to make new peace. The player now also loses relation with the rival king if he breaks the truce.

• he number of notables was constantly decreasing. This has been fixed. The number of notables in towns and villages is now also related to the prosperity value of town and hearth value of village.

• Barbers are now visible while pressing the "ALT" key in towns.
and uh.. no mention of DLSS?

Well, it's giant as far as development at TW goes.