Movies that are ruined by their endings

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I love Sunshine. One of my favorite movies. Ending and all! I've posted this here before, but I really don't get why people don't like the ending.

Also, lol astro.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i hope you guys, or at least some of you can recognize satire. i seen american history x like twice. i only remember it vaguely, the basketball scene was cool. the rodney king scene was interesting til they went all overboard with the anti semitism and sister abuse, the worst was the supermarket raid on the mexicans, yes it was worse than the curb stomping because those people were just working there even if they were a bunch of border jumpers that "took our jobs!" that shit was so over the top i really had a hard time taking that movie seriously. so when i say i didnt get their message, i did mean it, why make such a silly unrealistic film about a subject that is quite real? the liberal agenda part was my jokeses.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i hope you guys, or at least some of you can recognize satire. i seen american history x like twice. i only remember it vaguely, the basketball scene was cool. the rodney king scene was interesting til they went all overboard with the anti semitism and sister abuse, the worst was the supermarket raid on the mexicans, yes it was worse than the curb stomping because those people were just working there even if they were a bunch of border jumpers that "took our jobs!" that shit was so over the top i really had a hard time taking that movie seriously. so when i say i didnt get their message, i did mean it, why make such a silly unrealistic film about a subject that is quite real? the liberal agenda part was my jokeses.
So much warblegarble

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
What exactly was unrealistic about that film other than the kind of trite ending and the magic black man who saves him after his prison raping? You think that skinheads are unrealistic? Or racism?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
AO1COrl.jpg

Little downhill the last minutes after:

to this:

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've seen it but thanks anyways.
The movie is about rats. Cop rats, mob rats, FBI rats. The last shot after 2 hours of that is a lingering shot of an implausibly placed actual rat. No subtlety whatsoever. Cheesy as fuck and clumsy.

I've seen people try to explain it as "Jacobean" where after the final bloodbath a clown would come out to take the edge off for crowds or some shit. But I think Ralph Wiggum summed it up best.

"The rat symbolizes obviousness"

VVKO1Ff.jpg

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Holy fuck yes. "Hey, let's drive this successful businessman to commit suicide only to have it turn out to be a game to get him to lighten up a bit more all along." Idiotic!

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Take Shelter is phenomenal for the first two hours. It's packed with powerhouse performances and suspense and you think it's going to be a real examination of mental illness until the final scene that shows the protagonist's premonitions are coming true. Just a complete buzzkill.
There are multiple ways to take the ending of this movie. Yours is certainly one of them, but I think there are smarter ones that don't flip the movie a complete 180 in the last 20 seconds.

The last scene is just another dream, but it's the first one he has where he isn't isolated. It isn't him against the world. His family is there and in support. He's dealing with his illness by letting them in. That's much better than thinking he's been some kind of prophet all along.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And yeah, Sunshine. So disappointing.
What? The ending of Sunshine was perfect. Did people forget they were watching a Danny Boyle/Alex Garland movie or something?

As for The Departed, the ending was the only part of the movie I thought was far superior to Infernal Affairs. Not that the rest was bad; I can probably count the number of Hollywood remakes of foreign movies I find tolerable on one hand, but Departed is certainly one of them.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
There are multiple ways to take the ending of this movie. Yours is certainly one of them, but I think there are smarter ones that don't flip the movie a complete 180 in the last 20 seconds.

The last scene is just another dream, but it's the first one he has where he isn't isolated. It isn't him against the world. His family is there and in support. He's dealing with his illness by letting them in. That's much better than thinking he's been some kind of prophet all along.
I don't know if the director intended the ending to be ambiguous, but many of the shots and filming techniques suggest the storm is real. There are no dreamlike qualities to the final scene. If it were indeed a dream, the shot of the wife in the kitchen is completely pointless considering a dream would only be seen from Curtis' perspective. The daughter is also the first to notice the storm and the camera focuses on the wife's hand as the rain falls, both of which make no sense in a dream.

Disp_sl

shitlord
The movie is about rats. Cop rats, mob rats, FBI rats. The last shot after 2 hours of that is a lingering shot of an implausibly placed actual rat. No subtlety whatsoever. Cheesy as fuck and clumsy.

I've seen people try to explain it as "Jacobean" where after the final bloodbath a clown would come out to take the edge off for crowds or some shit. But I think Ralph Wiggum summed it up best.

"The rat symbolizes obviousness"

VVKO1Ff.jpg
So the 3 seconds the rat was on screen ruined the movie for you? Ok...

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
What? The ending of Sunshine was perfect. Did people forget they were watching a Danny Boyle/Alex Garland movie or something?
We're in the minority. Almost everyone I've talked to about it disliked the ending. Dunno why.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I've always thought Sunshine was a great movie. The Professional is fine, too. Izo you cray.

American History X was preachy, but the whole movie was preachy. It is a preachy subject. The ending didn't ruin it for me, more like completed it.