Movies That Would Be Made, If You Could Make It Happen

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Stephen King: The Eyes of the Dragon.

it has never even been rumored to be made a film and i dont know why. with the popularity of GoT and LOTR this movie should be a fucking hot pick.
its about a prince who is framed by an evil wizard named Flagg (yesthatFlagg) and is locked up in a tower for the rest of his life for a murder he didnt commit. he must formulate his escape or the kingdom will perish.
Agree
One of my favorite books of all time, could be a great flick with the right actors.

I always wanted to see episodes 7 8 & 9 with Grand Admiral Thrawn based on Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising and The Last Command. Kinda worried now that they are acutally going to make 7-9 on what content htey will use.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'd love to see a military heavy star wars movie, perhaps based around Rogue Squadron. The Jedi component was necessary to cut the head off the snake (Darth Sidious), but the heavy lifting was done by the rebel alliance and its constituent forces. There is a ton of cool material to work with in Star Wars that doesn't revolve around using the force. I don't think Disney will see it that way.

sunhillow_sl

shitlord
I'd have to say something from the Warhammer 40K family: Horus Heresy, Gaunt's Ghosts, Eisenhorn ... anything with a good budget and story.

Other than that I'd say Frank Peretti's This Present Darkness. Yeah it's a Christian book, but even if that isn't your thing the story/effects would be wild on screen.

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
Footfall by Niven & Pournelle, also possibly Mote in gods Eye.

Half Life. How I dont know but its a good story.

The entire Harry Dresden series.

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever.

The Postman, done right. Or any David Brin book really.

The Stainless Steel Rat Trilogy.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I don't think I'd enjoy a faithful adaptation of The Postman. That book is weird. Kinda like how Battlefield Earth could have been better, but leaving out the latter part was a good idea on their part.

Oldbased

> Than U
I would make a thousand SCI FI movies like Road Warrior, Aliens( 2 ), Star Trek 2 and so forth.
I am always disappointed in the quantity and quality of Sci Fi titles worth watching.

Decado

Golden Knight of the Realm
Epic 6 movie series (3-4 hours each, maybe with a 6h director's cut on blueray to cover all the minute details) of the Dune universe with LotR/Avatar/Matrix production values and high fidelity to the books.
That would be very nice, the original Dune movie sucked balls for the main although the Dune miniseries wasn't bad.

For me i think it would be

David Gemmell - Drenai books, pretty much any of them but they would all probably translate to movies very well
Katherine Kurtz - Deryni novels, medieval fantasy/magic. Love these book
Julian May - Saga of the Exiles
Raymond Feist - Riftwar Saga and Empire series
and might aswell through Wheel of Time in there
smile.png

smile.png

smile.png

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dresden Files HBO style With Naerk as Butters. Got to take care of the homies

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd love to see an Everquest movie with all of the original lore. Then cast Brad as Aradune and Smed as Firiona Vie and have a R rated romp in Vex Thal.
vexthal-throne.jpg

vexthal-throne.jpg

vexthal-throne.jpg

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
The Sandman as a multi-movie epic incorporating most of the 75 comic run.

Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny. '...and that was when the fit hit the Shan.'

Kingdom Come (DC Comics)

I'll second Footfall and Snow Crash.

A miniseries that covers the novels Dune, Dune Messiah, and Children of Dune done by, and only by, HBO. The Sci-FI channel's wasn't awful or anything, but I really think HBO would do an incredible job like they did with ASOIAF. Plus no commercials or censors.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The Black Company. I would kill to see The Dominator, The Lady, The Limper, etc. on the big screen.

Elric, as mentioned before. A faithful depiction of Stormbringer would give me wood.

The Paratwa Saga (first book is Liege-Killer) by Christopher Hinz, which I recently mentioned in the sci-fi book thread. Futuristic super assassins with two bodies and one consciousness fucking things up, and an awesome story to go with it. I've always thought these would translate exceedingly well to the big screen.

Warhammer 40K to go with everyone else.

Dozens of others, but those are the big ones I've wanted to see for a long time.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
At the Mountains of Madness. I was gutted when that project was cancelled
frown.png

Not a movie, but I'd love to see someone try a Dresden Files tv series again on a higher budget and with a script closer to the books.

Also, Robin Hobb's Farseer books. I have no idea how they'd do it given the long timespan and large cast, but I would love to see it played out on screen with solid writing and acting.

And just for good measure, one of China Mieville's books. I can't decide whether Perdido Street Station or The Scar would make a better movie.

And of course like someone said, Wheel of Time, though the only format that would work is animation, and the chances of that ending up being good are so slim it's probably better they don't touch it.

frown.png

frown.png