Mr. Robot

spronk

FPS noob
i'm really hoping the showrunner made deliberate hints to suggest elliot is in an institution to fuck with everyone, it keeps building and building, and in 2-3 episodes its shown that nope, elliot is in the real world and we all got mind fucked. The double mind fuck, if you will

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This show is so hit and miss for me, I like the premise of the show it interests me but whenever Elliot is on one of his long rambles I just zone out and find it really hard to take in what he is trying to say. It almost feels like the writer is trying to show how smart or how much of a nut job he is with some of Elliot’s ramblings they don't seem to progress the story in anyway.

Episode 9-10 from season 1 it started to get to me a bit and now the first 3 shows of season 2 it was almost unbearable found myself checking my phone whenever he started one, episode 4 was a bit better especially towards the end

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Same here, I really liked this show at first but now find myself fiddling with the tablet while it's playing.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Weird pacing going on.

The strange power play with E Corp and Tranny Dark Army Chinese to make a BitCoin economy or something. I kind of dislike that route. That it was all some grand plot that Elliot somehow walked into and orchestrated in his utter insanity. Manipulated into it by E Corp and Dark Army once they realized what he was trying to do.

IDK, that just doesn't even seem reasonable. Even for how crazy this show is. The transitional phase of loss in that kind of plotline is just way too insane to even consider. No matter how big the corporation is.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
this show is going full Walking Dead with nothing happening for a whole episode and then having a cliffhanger at the end.
Also the show needs more of that trout lipped Danish model chick.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I only just started watching the show, on ep 7 of season 1 and holy fuck it's gr8.

I REALLY love the movie Hackers, even if it's not that great of a movie. This show is like a more serious older brother to that, even just the aesthetic and being in new york helps. They even mentioned it in one of the episode too haha "20 years of hacking and I've not yet flown through a server like that man"

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
i agree with whomever said "im hacking the fbi" actually didnt sound cliche.

especially pulling up that they use android.

lol @ java

needs moar elliot hax. i was really into the idea of him social engineering/light "hacking" someone and ruining their lives. like a cyber vigilante. but then the show's direction started going too much towards mental illness and social awkwardness.

i feel like the show's direction could of been better

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This show is so hit and miss for me, I like the premise of the show it interests me but whenever Elliot is on one of his long rambles I just zone out and find it really hard to take in what he is trying to say. It almost feels like the writer is trying to show how smart or how much of a nut job he is with some of Elliot’s ramblings they don't seem to progress the story in anyway.

I only just watched the first episode the other day (so 1/2 of the premiere), but I couldn't get into it. The "writer trying to sound super smart" nailed it for me though.

At this point I imagine I will just wait for the season to be over and marathon it. Based on the comments thus far in this thread, it doesn't sound like I'll be missing a lot of "week to week" theory shit posting.

I think a lot of these shows with excellent first seasons (True Detective comes to mind) just can't overcome the success. You get essentially an infinite amount of time to write that first season, so it's awesome, but then the realities of TV shooting schedules kicks your ass for the follow on, where you get months to work on it instead.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
How is season 2 doing? I haven't started it yet.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The dropoff in quality isn't anywhere near True Detective. I don't even think this season has been bad. It's still really damn good.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'm catching up on it, and the episodes really don't do anything until the earlier as stated ending on a cliff hanger. But I can't even remember what the cliff hangers are 12 hours after finishing an episode. *shrug*

spronk

FPS noob
Its really hard to judge season 2 yet, while I love it so far its very slow buildup and it could end up being really good or really bad, depending on how much of a payoff there is for the slow plot. Its definitely a show I think that works far better when binge watched.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I binged all of season 1 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

• 1Solidarity

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Basically what spronk said. There will either be an amazing payoff with all the weird ass story lines going on, or Sam is just trying entirely too hard. Not going to judge until I see how it all pays off I guess.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
so tonight at the start of the show he is on IRC... i paused the show to see where he was and if you go to it as well, it's like a little 'fake' IRC they put out there. The address for it was 192.251.68.240
If you go there, it looks like an IRC room, and it has a question for you. I have the answer if you want it, but it does not do much, just tell you a bit about the operation they are planning. Then she "logs off"
It's just neat that they do this in the show and mix it into real world too
smile.png

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think that Whiterose being the alias of the Minister of Security of all of China is a bit much. I have a hard time suppressing the disbelief that people and his enemies within his own government have no idea that he is the Dark Army. Or that the Dark Army is in actuality a state apparatus of China. Which I would dislike even more.

Rubs me the wrong way that it goes from Hacktivist crazy Elliot with a crazy grand design (and no real plan afterwards) was hijacked by the Chinese government to their own ends.