Mr. Robot

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2 hour finale next week. I'm really interested, just pray it doesn't drop the ball.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
For some reason I thought this was the finale. Fuck that would be brilliant to end like that hahaha.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
mrreddit.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So what do you think, is it real ("real" meaning it is what White Rose said it is) or in his mind, or some third option?

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure it is in his mind and it is going to end up being a kind of Wizard of Oz type ending with all of the personalities combining and he "wakes" up.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm beyond predictions, who knows.

I like the idea of it being real better than it being delusion or whatever. But I think there's about 0% chance that it is real. Either E-Elliot is fake and a delusion of F-Elliot, or F-Elliot is fake and a delusion of E-Elliot. Or some combination, maybe some things are real about each one, idk. He's got 2 episodes (both broadcast next week) to stick the landing though.

spronk

FPS noob
That scene between Whiterose and Elliot was insane, BD Wong and Rami Malek definitely deserve some emmy love for that shit. Fantastic cinematography too combined with music, it felt very noir and Blade Runner-esque to me, very much a "what is the truth about your life" kinda thing. Whiterose doing what she did... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

but that last 20 seconds
giphy.gif

i can't wait for the season finale next weekend i am fucking ready lets gooooooooo MR ROBOT

• 2Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
That scene between Whiterose and Elliot was insane, BD Wong and Rami Malek definitely deserve some emmy love for that shit. Fantastic cinematography too combined with music, it felt very noir and Blade Runner-esque to me, very much a "what is the truth about your life" kinda thing. Whiterose doing what she did... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

but that last 20 seconds
giphy.gif

i can't wait for the season finale next weekend i am fucking ready lets gooooooooo MR ROBOT

That scene was 11 minutes long. That is insane.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
That scene was 11 minutes long. That is insane.

11:16 maybe? Dunno if the Bible has anything to do with it, but googling bible 11:16 talks about part of something being holy makes the rest of it holy, and if the root is holy the branches are as well. Could be a writers correlation with this alternate branch of reality and how it’s as real as the first one we’ve all been watching since the beginning.

There is the element of the afterlife here with it being the same life but, good, kind of like Lost.

spronk

FPS noob
11:16 is extremely significant this episode, i didn't even realize that scene was 11:16 long. insane!! Every clock in the episode read 11:16. lot of theories about 1/1/16 or 11:16 online earlier

also interesting its F corp in altVerse, did he go through A through E corp already?

Merrith

Going to need time to unwind this one. On one hand, I feel like the revelation and ending were really intense...but it also left quite a bit unanswered. Curious to see what others thought.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Going to need time to unwind this one. On one hand, I feel like the revelation and ending were really intense...but it also left quite a bit unanswered. Curious to see what others thought.

more fitting finish than some of the shit that I’ve seen recently. Won’t please everyone, but is plausible and I liked it. Trippy finish and excellent show overall

• 2Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Trying to catch back up, man episode 7 was some shit. Phenomenal episode. Maybe all-time great territory?

Merrith

more fitting finish than some of the shit that I’ve seen recently. Won’t please everyone, but is plausible and I liked it. Trippy finish and excellent show overall

I feel there will be some who wanted to know what White Rose's plan was the whole time, what her machine supposedly did...and feel swerved because of the idea that it had worked on Elliott and there maybe was alternate realities based on it being F Corp in the "safe space" he created for real Elliott. Also zero closure for Dom I guess, just gets on the plan to go away still thinking Darlene straight up dipped on her. Although I didn't care about that nearly as much as potential White Rose machine/plan reveals, or what she showed Angela. But the reveal was powerful enough that I was fine with all of that being secondary

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Man. Props to Esmail. Absolutely loved this show, Malek, Slater, really a great show. An all-time favorite for me. Where does this rank for everyone else? It's gotta be up there near the top for me.
It's been a really long time since I've looked at theories etc... But I sorta wonder if Whiterose got a hint or knowledge of Elliot's personality disorder, and had essentially realized the world the "Mastermind" created for Elliot, was in fact something nearly identical to what Elliot's mastermind personality also created. Just Whiteroses' would happen on a scale of everyone being affected. Who knows, I'll have to see what others took from that.

spronk

FPS noob
Watched the finale, appreciated it more than enjoyed it. Part of me is disappointed we never got to see anything with Whiterose's machine, why she killed herself, etc - the "sci fi element" - but I can appreciate a finely crafted mental illness story. I wouldn't want to watch a lot of them, but Mr. Robot earned its end.

At the end of part 1 all I was thinking was "yeah, I can see why Elliot would murder a dude for Portia's pussy, she is fine as hell". Apparently though the two of them dating early on in the show, and he cheated on her with his co-star chick from Bohemian Rhapsody and Portia (Angela) and he don't have any scenes together, its all stiched up stuff. Probably also why she exited the show in episode 1 of this season which was a bit weird.

I wonder when the real Elliot wakes up if he has all the memories of everyone or if he freaks the fuck out. I don't find that ending that interesting honestly, but I guess its the most grounded.

• 1Like