Mr. Robot

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
While the actual reveal was way too predictable for me, that episode was intense as fuck. All the actors killed it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Odd place to take the story. Seems to nullify his primary motivation for wanting to take down E-corp/Whiterose

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Odd place to take the story. Seems to nullify his primary motivation for wanting to take down E-corp/Whiterose

Why nullify? I mean, they (Him, Darlene and Angela) lived with what they did all his life, still valid IMO. This was great because it explains why he was so fucked up, and where Mr Robot came from. They have also been eluding to this for seasons.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Why nullify? I mean, they (Him, Darlene and Angela) lived with what they did all his life, still valid IMO. This was great because it explains why he was so fucked up, and where Mr Robot came from. They have also been eluding to this for seasons.

Them being responsible for his father's cancer was a lot more impactful when his father was his best friend and not an evil pos that deserved to die a painful death

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
f9mCdKl.png

That fucking son of a bitch.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Rewatch S3E8, the opening scene. Fucking yikes.

I don't think it diminishes their mission. What Ecorp did to his dad and Angela's mom was always just one data point on a laundry list of shit. And also, Elliot was never really righteous. He's lashing out. 5/9 was always going to make the common person suffer while the people running the show didn't skip a beat, and after 5/9 he has n't really had a coherent plan.

This new thing is to steal the money from Deus Group so they... can't transfer the project to the Congo? idk, that sentence sounds weird. We saw a big ass particle accelerator. How does that get transferred anywhere? And in a day? And somehow money, on that specific day, would be a factor in that? With so much we don't know, it's hard to even understand what is going on.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
If Elliot had a good therapist this would never have been a show.

Too bad finding a good therapist is like finding something good to watch on tv.

Should be interesting to see his sisters take on sexual abuse. Assuming that wasn’t some bullshit misdirection just to escape dumb Scarface.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Them being responsible for his father's cancer was a lot more impactful when his father was his best friend and not an evil pos that deserved to die a painful death

They still killed Angela, so he still has motivation to take this forward. They had to kill off Mr Robot at some point to resolve that portion of the story line and making it into a rebirth of Elliot where he sheds his second personality freeing him to be something different was great imo. He was always kind of a selfish jerk and Mr Robot prevented him from actually self reflecting. Now that Mr Robot out of the way he's going to have all those things he's been pushing out flood in and I'm betting he ends up sacrificing himself to save the world and undo some of the damage he's done.

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
Rewatch S3E8, the opening scene. Fucking yikes.

Damn thats actually nutty with the new context, they deceived us by having him coughing constantly when he calls him "sick".

that episode was really something great

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty intense episode

Almost missed that commercial staring Wellick, seemed odd. Waiting on the meeting to name him as CEO I thought?

• 1Like

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
The whole sexual abuse angle ruined it for me. There was no reason to go that route. And they only brought back Vera to have that reveal.

• 1Solidarity

velk

Trakanon Raider
The whole sexual abuse angle ruined it for me. There was no reason to go that route. And they only brought back Vera to have that reveal.

It's annoyingly lazy. If you go by tv/movies, child abuse is the sole reason for like 99% of all mental conditions.

Merrith

I was kind of in this spot...but now they've moved past it and this last episode has me back on board.

Burns

Jesus that episode was awesome.

No idea how they're going to fill 3 more

Well, the last episode is Elliot's Father finally getting Elliot in the big table room, with his mother and brother.

"We were so worried when you fell out of the window, but our thoughts and prayers were answered when the doctors were finally able to bring you out of that coma..."
"...oh, by the way, your sister started on hormone replacement therapy while you were out"

*roll credits*
*Written by D.B. Weiss and David Benioff*

Last edited:

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Well, the last episode is Elliot's Father finally getting Elliot in the big table room, with his mother and brother.

"We were so worried when you fell out of the window, but our thoughts and prayers were answered when the doctors were finally able to bring you out of that coma..."
"...oh, by the way, your sister started on hormone replacement therapy while you were out"

*roll credits*
*Written by D.B. Weiss and David Benioff*
Macklin, you son of a bitch. You did it.

3 episodes left, still have the mystery of the machine and its true nature and the revelation that one of his alters hinted at last episode. Then... dance party? Tyrell returns and takes the reins of Ecorp? Who knows?

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I like how trump was at the deus group party kek
also a little ridiculous that the bank wasnt using two factor authentication lol
nvm they did, i forgot it was the text message they all received that they intercepted

Isn't it 2 episodes? 10 & 11 left

Last edited:

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
The bank was using 2FA, they explained how they were getting around it by intercepting the code when the text verification was sent out. It is why Darlene had to stay near them right up until the end. Still very unlikely scenario but a billion times better than anyone else might have done it.