Mr. Robot

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
heh, watching the episode last night I must admit that the prison/mental institution thing has a lot more merit than I originally thought.

Fuck me was the vomit scene ever tough to watch.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Elliot writing code in his journal reminded me of a story I heard about a hacker who was arrested. Terms of his release included being barred from using any electronic device (down to him not being able to use a remote control, requiring his wife to pick something out for him to watch on Netflix and then just letting it autoplay). However, his profession before he was arrested was a computer programmer, so now he works by writing code out long-hand, mailing it Fedex to his employers, and someone else having to type the code up.

Whether Elliot is literally in an institution of some sort or this is self-imposed exile remains to be seen, but I definitely think there's some credence in the writers trying to invoke that imagery.

spronk

FPS noob
Elliot is one seriously, seriously fucked up dude

The show reminds me a lot of reading some of the Dune books, where shit is happening that is way over my head. Like the scene with Angela in the restaurant was mesmerizing, but I don't really understand it. The old man is telling Angela that she should get those guys prosecuted, and be ruthless and emotionless about it? But why is he doing it? Why does he think she is going to do it? Why does she go into the scene assuming some sort of sexual exchange between her and the old man?

"you're not buying any of this, are you?"
7ovNR4I.gif

Craig Robinson and redhead FBI lady are knocking it out of the park. the FBI agent is Meryl Streep's daughter

Got some Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash even

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
It's not just that- look at all the imagery in a lot of these scenes. There are bars and fences everywhere. I don't think it's an accident. The stairs look just like bars. These scenes were shot intentionally this way.

rrr_img_136882.jpg
rrr_img_136883.jpg
rrr_img_136884.jpg
Yes, it's called key imagery.

Grez

Trakanon Raider
The show reminds me a lot of reading some of the Dune books, where shit is happening that is way over my head. Like the scene with Angela in the restaurant was mesmerizing, but I don't really understand it. The old man is telling Angela that she should get those guys prosecuted, and be ruthless and emotionless about it? But why is he doing it? Why does he think she is going to do it?
I agree; if this were the Dune universe, Eliot would be anabominationfighting against possession.

I think the CEO of Evil Corp is trying to feed Angela's wrath, one of the seven deadly sins. To what nefarious purpose? To own her? /shrug No idea.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
While the whole prison/mental institution angle does have a lot of merit I really hope its not true.

I'd rather the show be about hacking, hactivism evil corps etc. without all this "what's real what's not bs".

ex-genj

Golden Squire
creator has said several times he doesn't want people constantly guessing what is real and not real so I'd be surprised if there's any huge twist this season.. I hope.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
While the whole prison/mental institution angle does have a lot of merit I really hope its not true.

I'd rather the show be about hacking, hactivism evil corps etc. without all this "what's real what's not bs".
This show is whatever you want it to be.

I'm watching a show about a computer telling a story to the viewers desperately trying to convince them it is a real boy. By using drugs, mental illness, and technobabble to fast talk past inconsistencies.

Or

It's a show about a crazy guy whose id, ego, superego, unus mundus, are all primary characters interacting and performing for the audience. Kinda like Xenogears but nothing at all like that.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
In literally ANY other TV show or movie "I'm hacking the F.B.I." would be so ridiculous and cheesy.

But here.... it fucking works, and it's fucking believable.

Sam Esmail might be the best new showrunner since David Benioff & D.B. Weiss.

spronk

FPS noob
well all righty then
whoismrrobot.com - bourgeous massacre movie

IRC server elliot connected to at the end
#th3g3ntl3man - Web IRC

[21:38] <D0loresH4ze> feds found the arcade.
[21:38] <D0loresH4ze> they got an illegal surveillance program...
[21:39] <D0loresH4ze> something called "berenstain"
[21:39] <D0loresH4ze> romero's body was found in his back porch. coup de grace
[21:39] <samsepi0l> wait for my instructions
[21:39] <samsepi0l> they have changed their standard issue. we have a way in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ganthorn

N00b
Seems like hospital might be more likely because his sister was asking why he did this (aka check himself in). Also craig robinson seems like he might be the warden/head of the hospital. Another thing I think that makes the theory make sense is why does he need to take a hacking job for this guy just to get access to a computer. He says I have no computer here but why not just go to the library or a best buy or some shit

Jait

Molten Core Raider
They went more with that Dune route this week. Moses indeed.

They definitely want you to think he's in a room or some facility being plied with drugs around the clock like an "Alice in Wonderland" treatment. mr robot seemed surprised his goals were the same as the facility: to get him online. Very good season so far.

Jimmycarterwuwu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Could be a twist in the arc in which there is a double agent within the mental hospital/and or controlled intelligence site fbi operation. The hot tub time machine guy seems like he could be on either side

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think all those theories about Elliott secretly being in an institution are dumb.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm finally watching the latest episode. I noticed a small easter egg. When Elliot is doing his "look into the future" scene, imagining his sister finding the love of her life and then eating Thanksgiving dinner with everyone on a table in the middle of the street while watching a building crumble. They're playing a xylophone version of Green Day's Basket Case. Do you have the time to listen to my whine about nothing and everything all at once.

Just thought I'd point that out.