MS Flight Simulator 2020

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just watched Squirrel's video. It's amazing how much detail they have put into this. Whenever I see things like this, and the Galaxy representation in Elite: Dangerous, and then think what it might be like in a few years if the guys who make Euro and American Truck Sim get there hands on something similar, you'll end up with video game simulations that are incredibly accurate, even down to real time weather as in this game. Just think in 10 years time what MS FS 11 could be like? At the end, it gets me all philosophical, thinking that maybe Elon Musk and the others might be on to something, that we are simply in an elaborate simulation ourselves. What if we're just an NPC in some Alien's sim game? :O
What if we arent ? either way it's bad ! or ?

As an amateur pilot, when i have to land on a new airfield, I always do a simulation of the flight on FSX before doing the real thing. It gives me a better grasp on the flight to come; however FSX graphics sucks and you can't really recognize two close valleys, or the shape of a mountain. For that, even google earth simulation is better.
Can't wait to get my hands on this one !

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What if we arent ? either way it's bad ! or ?

As an amateur pilot, when i have to land on a new airfield, I always do a simulation of the flight on FSX before doing the real thing. It gives me a better grasp on the flight to come; however FSX graphics sucks and you can't really recognize two close valleys, or the shape of a mountain. For that, even google earth simulation is better.
Can't wait to get my hands on this one !
That's one thing that interests me, what people who pilot in real life will say about the game. My step father 10-15years ago was into getting his piloting license, I think he has like 30 or 40hours of flight or something but as he got older he didn't really bother with it anymore. If the game's good I think he'll be interested in it, invest like 3-4k into a beast PC with a bunch of peripherals and he can fly around whenever he wants. Not the real thing obviously, but still pretty nice.

Just have doubts on how well all this shit will run, it looks like a game from 10years in the future to an extent.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's one thing that interests me, what people who pilot in real life will say about the game. My step father 10-15years ago was into getting his piloting license, I think he has like 30 or 40hours of flight or something but as he got older he didn't really bother with it anymore. If the game's good I think he'll be interested in it, invest like 3-4k into a beast PC with a bunch of peripherals and he can fly around whenever he wants. Not the real thing obviously, but still pretty nice.

Just have doubts on how well all this shit will run, it looks like a game from 10years in the future to an extent.

Well you will never reproduce the feeling you have - maybe with good VR googles ? But however I use the same plane in the simulator and in real life and the maneuvrability is pretty good. I use all the check list and the landing procedure from the real plane and they match (ie. if I have to be at 70kts to land, I have the same climb rate IRL as in game). Fuel is also well designed, but you can't rely on that. I never changed the mixture in FS, I might have to try that - although the plane I use the mixture makes little differences.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well you will never reproduce the feeling you have - maybe with good VR googles ? But however I use the same plane in the simulator and in real life and the maneuvrability is pretty good. I use all the check list and the landing procedure from the real plane and they match (ie. if I have to be at 70kts to land, I have the same climb rate IRL as in game). Fuel is also well designed, but you can't rely on that. I never changed the mixture in FS, I might have to try that - although the plane I use the mixture makes little differences.
Oh yeah I know it wouldn't be exactly the same but it could still be pretty interesting, especially since it's unlikely you'll fly everywhere around the world even with a license just due to issues like money or different laws or whatever(for example I don't think you can go to China and then fly a plane there). Personally I just want it to fuck around but I'll show him and if it's nice he might be interested in buying a full setup for it.

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
I can’t wait to uninstall Xplane and the 6000 addons I have that still make things like environment and weather look like shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Lots of simulated simulations in mass simulated simulators:

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Jesus christ

Pre-Alpha and it already looks like that. Wtf lol.

Im not a flight sim guy but mapping the entire planet and making it playable is amazing. Shit we talked about twenty years ago that we thought was an unachievable idea/dream. A VR MMO set on an entire planet like that would be so cool.

Caliane

I wonder if there is going to be, "I dont actually know how to fly a plane, pls help" with all this insane realism?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I wonder if there is going to be, "I dont actually know how to fly a plane, pls help" with all this insane realism?
There will be a 40hours tutorial course and at the end you'll receive a real pilot license issued by Microsoft.

But I'm sure they'll have some shit, even if they don't I'm sure some of the crazy people who play this type of game will write a super detailed wiki that explains everything. I'm looking forward to it personally just need to buy some accessories to play this properly cause I highly doubt mouse and keyboard is gonna cut it(I'm sure keyboard will be great for the take off checks and all that shit but the flying bleh).

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Odds on time-to-dlc-level larger and more expensive than, say, Train Simulator 2020? (All DLC, why sure, Izo, that'll be 7816,48€ Eurocuck dollars).

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The amount of DLC for FSX is pretty large. So I'm guessing more and more.

• 1Solidarity

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Prior videos with some commentary.

Current roadmap:

2.12DRPlan-2.jpg

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Sound Design.

Next round of invites starting 1/20 and through the end of the month.

• 01.20 – Begin sending Alpha invitations.
  • 01.27 – All Alpha invitations sent.
  • 01.27 – Alpha ready for download, begin sending build access emails.
  • 01.31 – All wave 1 Alpha emails sent.

Last edited: