HDD: 150GB (SSD recommended)
Bandwidth: 50 Mbps

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
PC release 8/18.

3 versions, $59, $89, $118. The $59 version will be on Game Pass.

Not really a fan of these tiers, but I suppose this is nothing for the enthusiasts. Aside from aircraft the number of detailed airports are gated behind the tiers also.

1594660438071.png

1594660417249.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The amount of stuff locked seems really not worth the money unless you're very passionate about it tbh, and it seems there's a fair amount of stuff in the base version anyway. Probably will check the game on gamepass and buy it on sale later.

• 1Solidarity

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I was expecting the standard edition to be $30 (or perhaps only available with a Game Pass sub), with a few aircraft and a couple airports, rather than 60% of the aircraft and 75% of the airports.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Also the airports is really for the big fans, since every actual airports is already more or less handcrafted(they went through thousands to make sure the tarmac and lanes and whatever they're named were correct) and using the usual rendering techniques. So the only difference I assume is there's an even bigger amount of details, especially for stuff on ground level(signs and such) which is kinda whatever imo. So it's mostly the planes.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Dumb question: Why aren't there SR-71s and F35s in that lineup? I don't want to fly some nerd airliner, I want to sonic boom the hell out of people.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
If it works like FSX all the stuff people really use that are into it comes from 3rd part stuff like terraint, airports, and aircraft. I would hope the deluxe is much more detailed for the cost bump for very models.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Dumb question: Why aren't there SR-71s and F35s in that lineup? I don't want to fly some nerd airliner, I want to sonic boom the hell out of people.

probably not the reason but they wouldn't have the actual data to simulate those aircraft?

• 1Truth!

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Phyiscal version will be available in Europe.

1594865669965.png

10 discs.

The DVDs in the box contain all of the game world apart from the updates Microsoft and developer Asobo release between the moment the discs are pressed and release. So, when you install, you'll get an update from the server.​
"... the boxed version makes it possible for people on a slower internet connection to get the sim installed without downloading the 'content'," Kok explained.​
"So the simulator is in every way, 100 per cent the same. The boxed retail version just gets you a nice box, printed manual and about 90GB you do not have to download. There is no difference between boxed retail and the version MS sells directly."​

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Hard to simulate aircrafts that are pretty top secret?..

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
The modding community for FSX/XP11 is similar to that link - just tons of content created by anyone willing to put the time into it.

There definitely is a quality scale. Free planes that can be downloaded are usually low quality in terms of system operations (things like engine behavior, fuel mixtures, etc.) however there have been a few golden eggs such as the ZIBO 737 for X-Plane 11.

Then there are (usually) payware aircraft that are very realistic in terms of systems. These are the planes that you purchase, install, and then spend 5 hours watching YouTube tutorials and reading the giant manual to turn on the fucking light switch so you can see inside the cockpit. Then the light illuminates the beautiful interior modeled to be as realistic as possible and you realize there are 25 other critical switches to figure out so you watch another 5 hours of YouTube, etc. The first "study level" aircraft I bought I remember being mentally exhausted by the time I was ready to push back - didn't even taxi the first day but it was highly rewarding once I got it going.

Outside of airplanes - the modding community is also amazing. Anything you can think of - graphic enhancements, airline simulators, mission modes - you name it. On FSX you could buy a 30 dollar add on that would simulate passenger plane activities - you sit there while they load up the plane cargo, board the passengers, and then you work your way to take off and head to the destination. The entire time you are being graded - for example if you fly erratically the passengers will complain. For me it was an OK add on - the passengers would complain about shit like the snacks weren't served early enough or the turbulence was too rough. Instead of working on improving my "airline" I just flew the plane into the mountain so they had nothing else to complain about.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Ace Combat 7 is decent for military planes. Very much more Arcade than Simulator though.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

You missed one.

Will this be available for Gamepass ultimate? :)

Oh nice, it is. Sweet. Free!

Last edited: