MTG: Arena

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I don't have that card yet, but I do have like a dozen mythic rare/rare wildcards so maybe I can create it.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Add this card to that deck:

155781_200w.jpg

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I've been working on a dinosaur deck, just need a few more wildcards to get the base of it down. Those cheap cards that reduce Mana cost of dinosaurs make it real tempting. Plus the elves that you can tap for Mana, and you should be able to get some real big threats rolling really early.

If the cards fall just right you can get a turn 3 Gigantosaur! :O

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am running red blue for fast games, getting out a couple fat flying wizards and nuking my opponents face fast is really satisfying.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Early flyers are the bulk of my losses and super obnoxious if I don't land a plummet or ass trophy in first round or two with this deck. Fortunately most people I run into are playing merfolk or some other crap that I can usually work around.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Bought 3 tyrants, ghaltas, stampedes and a smattering of other cards

10/10 so far. Getting to turn 3-4 with like 30-50 to damage all trampled up.

Trying to decide if swapping to green/red instead of black would improve it, but I have 12 green/black lands and only like 6 red/green and would probably need to burn like 12-15 wildcards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Note to self, when using an activated ability don't pool mana and then activate. Because game is retarded and spends all the colored mana you need first.....

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
so there's absolutely no advantage to increasing your constructed rank, right? just means you're going to get harder opponents?

i'll still keep trying for it anyway for more interesting games, but seems silly. they should at least give you a pack or something.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually, there is no advantage to winning, save for the dailies rewards. Unlike Hearthstone, there is no reward for rank. I am not even sure exactly how the rank system works because there are no numbers to compare. At first I would get upset about losing rank and then I realized there is no reason to get upset. I have yet to see a player over the first stage of silver which might mean that the ranking system needs a bit of a touch-up or that it really does pair players solely based on rank when able.

I thought my green deck was good to go until I saw the 4/5 dinosaur that draws cards when damaged. Now I need that one because the one thing green does not have an abundance of is card draw.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Drew a pack that gave me a couple final pieces for a barebones dinosaur deck, and damn yeah it's fun, tho I still need to work on it more.

One game I had a Ghalta, Primal Hunger out on like turn 4 or 5 haha. Had an early Zetalpa, Primal Dawn in another game. But right now the way I have it built, I either get roflstomp my opponent early or fail miserably. I think I need more dinosaurs and less early Mana producing cards...

Seems like it'll ultimately be less consistent than my WB vampire deck even once I get it fine tuned, but it is more fun tho.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
What colors are you guys running your dino decks? Ive run up against some green/black, green/red, and green/white/red... There are some good dinos in all those colors, seems they would all be fun.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I have a white/green singleton deck and a black/green (but literally 4 black cards consisting of murder/divest) in constructed.

Getting reaaaaal tired of teferi snooze decks. If I don't win by round 4 from now on I'm just conceding. I did a best of 3 last night that took almost 2 hours with the slow ass play. The guy would let the timer fuse run down to a sliver every single time he had had an action to do. I don't even see how that is remotely fun or rewarding for people to play at that pace other than purely trolling.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The memory of Hearthstone is alive and well in this new charity event.

If you LOVE random then this event is all for you. I used up 100 gems and realized how much I hated Hearthstone. There is some strategy in that not playing the first time around allows you to get to larger creatures without skipping a turn, otherwise it is pure luck.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What colors are you guys running your dino decks? Ive run up against some green/black, green/red, and green/white/red... There are some good dinos in all those colors, seems they would all be fun.

mine is white/red/green. white was as much to add in control cards as for the dinosaurs.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The memory of Hearthstone is alive and well in this new charity event.

If you LOVE random then this event is all for you. I used up 100 gems and realized how much I hated Hearthstone. There is some strategy in that not playing the first time around allows you to get to larger creatures without skipping a turn, otherwise it is pure luck.
Momir is a very old semi-casual format on MTGO and basically intended only as a joke.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Don't play standard-only Momir, it's pure ass cancer. Momir is at least sorta fun and silly on MTGO cause there is a pool of like 5,000 creatures or whatever it draws from, but standard only is some stupid, stupid shit.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Went 5-0, 5-0, 5-1 in momir. Only had one bad game RNG where I drew that 6 drop black card that makes you go through your deck to search for nonland or makes you lose hp otherwise. Instaloss, though I did lol when I realized what happened. Never played 6 after that.

7 drop seems to be a sweet point. Lots of flyers. Had one game go so long due to us being evenly matched, but then he ran out of cards at 8 land and had to keep churning out creatures. I had that one 3/3 that gives life and land when you play a land. Ended the game with 4 of those 16/16 worms.

Got a sweet haul today too from momir and dailies. 4 mythic rare, 3 rare, 2 mythic rare wildcards and 1 rare wildcard plus a bunch I didn't look at cause they aren't green or black.

It's enjoyable though cause I am seeing so many cards as a new player that I wouldn't go looking for otherwise.

Torn on dropping a $100 on gems since I've only played for a week and I feel like I've gotten so much good stuff just from dailies, singleton and the $5 pack.