MTG: Arena

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Only thing that does not have me hating the 'battle pass' is that you can buy it late in the season and get the rewards that you have missed. So you can decide if it is worth getting before it swaps to the next expansion.
Fully detailed rewards list for the Set Mastery system.

x36 M20 booster packs
x5 Set Mastery Orbs (each can be redeemed for card styles on the Set Mastery Tree).

For players who purchase the Mastery Pass, the rewards they can earn are expanded to include:
The Elemental Cat, the Chandra, Flame’s Fury avatar, as Chandra Mastery Pass card sleeve
20 booster packs (x5 GRN, x5 RNA, x5 WAR, x5 M20)
2000 Gems
5000 Gold
20 Card Styles
25 Set Mastery Orbs (each can be redeemed for card styles on the Set Mastery Tree)
10 Mythic Rare ICRs
5 Planeswalker Cards from the Core Set 2020 Planeswalker Decks
Uncommon and Rare Elemental Cat visual upgrades.
Exquisite Chandra Card Sleeve (Exquisite = Card Sleeve with VFX)

Overall it's worth the 20 bucks imo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I like God Eternal Kefnet quite a bit, but can't find a good deck that mainboards him. HMMmmm...

Been running this with ridiculous success.

2 Cancel (XLN) 47
1 Dragonskull Summit (XLN) 252
1 Drowned Catacomb (XLN) 253
3 Murder (M19) 110
7 Island (M19) 265
8 Swamp (M19) 269
1 God-Pharaoh's Statue (WAR) 238
1 Mountain (DAR) 262
1 Price of Fame (GRN) 83
1 Ritual of Soot (GRN) 84
4 Thought Erasure (GRN) 206
4 Discovery // Dispersal (GRN) 223
1 Watery Grave (GRN) 259
1 Cry of the Carnarium (RNA) 70
1 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245
1 Ugin, the Ineffable (WAR) 2
1 Finale of Eternity (WAR) 91
1 God-Eternal Kefnet (WAR) 53
2 Narset, Parter of Veils (WAR) 61
1 The Elderspell (WAR) 89
3 Ob Nixilis's Cruelty (WAR) 101
1 Spark Harvest (WAR) 105
2 Enter the God-Eternals (WAR) 196
1 Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God (WAR) 207
1 Tyrant's Scorn (WAR) 225
1 Cast Down (DAR) 81
1 Sulfur Falls (DAR) 247
1 The Eldest Reborn (DAR) 90
1 Evolving Wilds (RIX) 186
1 Vraska's Contempt (XLN) 129
1 Walk the Plank (XLN) 130
1 Hostage Taker (XLN) 223
2 Submerged Boneyard (M19) 257

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
way too early to tell but m20 may actually smooth out the meta a bit, i'm enjoy ing it in the short time i've been playing

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
What a bag of asses at WoTC.

Daily XP cap on pass? I guess I won't be completing since I'm out of town multiple times with limited/no internet.

They keep taking good ideas from other games and then implementing them so stupidly like no one is going to notice or care.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Daily XP cap on pass? I guess I won't be completing since I'm out of town multiple times with limited/no internet.

They keep taking good ideas from other games and then implementing them so stupidly like no one is going to notice or care.

who cares, it's more free shit on top of them already giving out a lot of free shit

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

I'm mostly interested in the free stuff.

Also, MTGA has XP? Or do you mean gold?

Sterling

El Presidente
who cares, it's more free shit on top of them already giving out a lot of free shit
They got rid of the 3 weekly packs to add the Mastery/XP system so for a lot of people it'll be less free shit, not more.

• 1Solidarity

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
They got rid of the 3 weekly packs to add the Mastery/XP system so for a lot of people it'll be less free shit, not more.

Well everyone in this thread has agreed that MTGA is pay-to-win, so this is just another move in that vein :D

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Fucking poor people will complain about anything, if you cant afford 20 bucks each set , you have bigger problems then MTGO

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Fucking poor people will complain about anything, if you cant afford 20 bucks each set , you have bigger problems then MTGO

I bet a portion of those people have already paid money into the game and pretend they haven't.

• 1Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

and for a lot of people it will be more

wizards has a lot of faults but giving their shit away isn't one of em no matter how you slice it

Sterling

El Presidente
and for a lot of people it will be more

wizards has a lot of faults but giving their shit away isn't one of em no matter how you slice it
Yeah, wasn't intended as a complaint. Was just saying that it's not really just more free shit. You can reasonably mythic ladder for free so it's got a good leg up compared to a lot of other games. Does appear that they've gone the EQ route with their patches though, downtime was supposed to end 4.5 hours ago.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, wasn't intended as a complaint. Was just saying that it's not really just more free shit. You can reasonably mythic ladder for free so it's got a good leg up compared to a lot of other games. Does appear that they've gone the EQ route with their patches though, downtime was supposed to end 4.5 hours ago.

that's fine, it's a little suckier for super casual f2p

there's some worldwide massive internet outage today that might be contributing to the server fuckery

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The XP cap is apparently calculated so that you get exactly 3 packs per week, like before, but only if you cap every day. If you can't play every day to cap... you lose. It doesn't reward the people who play every day, it punishes those who play mostly on weekends.

Plus, of course, you no longer gain gold and card per win - those have moved to the premium pass. So, yea. It's a total net loss for casual free players.
*EDITED* apparently, you still get the gold. It's just the ICW that moved. So, the casual track is almost identical - if you play every day rather than twice a week.

This push to guarantee that there's players every day, no matter what, leaves me with a taste of WoW in the mouth...

Uninstalling.

Last edited:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

I care, because I paid money for it and in order to reach 100 you literally need to play every single day that the pass exists and even then I believe you are still short some XP without buying.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I care, because I paid money for it and in order to reach 100 you literally need to play every single day that the pass exists and even then I believe you are still short some XP without buying.

wat

you're still short but who cares it just resets (and i'm pretty sure they've already said they are changing that next month)

you cheap mother fuckers are crazy, when it comes to 'free' card games this is the best you're gonna get as far as free shit, if you can't handle that this is the wrong game for you

not even sure wtf you're talking about with "i care because I paid for it", da fuq

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm not on the free to play track. What's hard to understand about it?

I paid the 3600 for the other track which you cannot reach level 100 without logging in every single day that exists and as it currently exists needing to buy level(s) to get to 100.

I also spend money on this game regularly every set.

There are no season passes for a single game out there that requires a daily XP cap. Once you pay you can get it whenever you want as long as you put in the time. This model is bordering on mobile phone gacha games which is predatory and nonsense.

• 2Like