MTG: Arena

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I managed to only miss a weeks worth of dailies on my vacation, but I am still salty about the pass even with the changes.

The new b01 meta is fun though pretty unique decks popping up and haven't seen a lot of mirrors though I hate how slow everyone is piloting them.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
And the game is still technically in beta hahaha. Man they're gonna make a lot of money.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
And it's only on 1 platform so far.

It took them over 17 years but they finally made a digital product that isn't shit, and then somehow lucked into a F2P+microtransaction economy that people actually think isn't ripping them off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah they really need to get it on Mobile. Theres a whole huge subset of consumers that they can tap in to who find microtransactions agreeable but don't play PC games.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah they really need to get it on Mobile. Theres a whole huge subset of consumers that they can tap in to who find microtransactions agreeable but don't play PC games.

it can maybe fit on a pad, or when foldout phones double the screen size, no way it goes on even the largest phone right now though

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
it can maybe fit on a pad, or when foldout phones double the screen size, no way it goes on even the largest phone right now though

They'd have to do a new UI just for mobile I think. I mean, other card games pull it off, y'know? But yeah, no way the current setup works okay for mobile. I have seen people try, doing screen mirroring / streaming from their desktop to their cell phone, but that takes a LOT of data and there were definitely issues translating the UI to mobile touchscreen.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
They'd have to do a new UI just for mobile I think. I mean, other card games pull it off, y'know? But yeah, no way the current setup works okay for mobile. I have seen people try, doing screen mirroring / streaming from their desktop to their cell phone, but that takes a LOT of data and there were definitely issues translating the UI to mobile touchscreen.

I don't really see how to do it w/o making it an incredibly frustrating experience. The board states on mtg just get way to complicated, and often. If they can pull it off on a phone screen i'll be impressed.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Other card games are simple and shitty. MTG has shit like infinite combos and huge board states.

They should restrict it to 9inch devices and higher if they ever do a mobile release.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Other card games are simple and shitty. MTG has shit like infinite combos and huge board states.

They should restrict it to 9inch devices and higher if they ever do a mobile release.

the more I think about it even 9inch+ doesn't seem possible, they'd likely have to split the board in half and you go back and forth with a swipe or something. hmm

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Lands could just be a number in the corner instead of a full card on the board. Your hand could be another element that you have to swipe or tap to see^ in the same sort of idea as that. There's other little things like these you can do. Maybe if they figure out enough of them they can get it working.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just think of all the faggots that rope on PC currently, then multiply that amount by 10 due to inherent UI clunkiness slowing down turns.

• 1Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Just think of all the faggots that rope on PC currently, then multiply that amount by 10 due to inherent UI clunkiness slowing down turns.

god this, plus it would for sure be cross platform so.... ooof, very good point, I don't want to be playing some fuck on his shit phone while trying to look busy at work

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
the more I think about it even 9inch+ doesn't seem possible, they'd likely have to split the board in half and you go back and forth with a swipe or something. hmm
Worked for Artifact! Oh... wait...

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Holy shit ranked constructed has the chess clock now? Arena is saved.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ah fucking nevermind the retarded rope system still exists, they just added a 30 minute match timer on top of it.