MTG: Arena

Sterling

El Presidente
It's nowhere near broken, but it's obviously pushed enough for constructed. and it doesn't destroy limited games the way something like Reef Risen does, which actually should be rare for limited purposes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think risen reef is the only "broken" card in the set and it's not even that bad

• 1Solidarity

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Sultai Cavs is fun , I have a decklist for it that plays the long game versus most Control decks. This guy roped himself 3x before quitting after pushing through about 10 different counterspells and 3x star of extinctions.

MVP goes to Command the Dreadhorde, which took me to 1 hp before the wildgrowth walker and triple reefs almost made me deck myself with triggers and lifegain.

Sterling

El Presidente
I think risen reef is the only "broken" card in the set and it's not even that bad
I think it's a really cool card that can facilitate some nice constructed decks. But you get one in play and cast a few random elementals in limited and it's overwhelmingly dumb. Awesome card, just should be rare.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think it's a really cool card that can facilitate some nice constructed decks. But you get one in play and cast a few random elementals in limited and it's overwhelmingly dumb. Awesome card, just should be rare.

someone on here or reddit explained why it wasn't and it made sense but I forget what the explanation was, something about limited I think

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Just off the top of my head how does sailor beat out Deathrite Shaman, Delver of Secrets, Wild Nacatl, and Noble Hierarch For being the most busted 1 drop ever?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
/agree with the previous page about Simic Flash being the least fun deck to play against right now. it's beatable but just annoying.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Just off the top of my head how does sailor beat out Deathrite Shaman, Delver of Secrets, Wild Nacatl, and Noble Hierarch For being the most busted 1 drop ever?
Death's Shadow, Birds of Paradise, Llanowar Elf, Goblin Lacky, Heritage Druid, Nettle Sentinel, Arbor Elf, Elvish Mystic, Goblin Guide, Fyndhorn Elf, Mother of Runes, Quiron Elf, and I'm sure there are plenty of others as well.

It's a fine card and sees play in a couple of different tempo type decks, but lets not pretend Spectral Sailor is format warping.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Opponent had all 4 Risen Reefs on the board and gives me 3 good games in a row. My turn, I cry of canarium and he concedes.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Opponent had all 4 Risen Reefs on the board and gives me 3 good games in a row. My turn, I cry of canarium and he concedes.

I hate stupid dicks. At least know what deck you are playing against before you do that. I always 'nice!' the almost guaranteed turn 2 TE in dimir/esper variations but usually try to be civil except with rope assholes. This game is 1000% better than Hearthstone with just response alerts. I find something else to do and guarantee the game lasts as long as they want. No skin off my back since i'm usually doing 3-5 things anyways. The 10-12 GG and several nices when they are trying to rope right before they concede is especially fun.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Not sure how he concedes to 1 cry when he drew like 20 extra cards.

I dunno what he had planned. I was gonna Ult liliana my next turn though. So unless he maybe had no removal or a way to get to me. Just the cockiness that I found funny. I guess he needed those reefs to find the right card?

The deck I was using is just some junk I threw together too.
2 Liliana, Dreadhorde General (WAR) 97
7 Swamp (RIX) 194
4 Spark Double (WAR) 68
4 Drawn from Dreams (M20) 56
4 Thief of Sanity (GRN) 205
3 Cry of the Carnarium (RNA) 70
4 God-Eternal Kefnet (WAR) 53
4 Hostage Taker (XLN) 223
7 Island (RIX) 193
4 Vraska's Contempt (XLN) 129
4 Watery Grave (GRN) 259
4 Drowned Catacomb (XLN) 253
3 Duress (M20) 97
3 Thought Erasure (GRN) 206
3 Murder (M20) 109

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Death's Shadow, Birds of Paradise, Llanowar Elf, Goblin Lacky, Heritage Druid, Nettle Sentinel, Arbor Elf, Elvish Mystic, Goblin Guide, Fyndhorn Elf, Mother of Runes, Quiron Elf, and I'm sure there are plenty of others as well.

It's a fine card and sees play in a couple of different tempo type decks, but lets not pretend Spectral Sailor is format warping.

in all seriousness everyone knows llanowar elf is the best one drop ever

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I hate stupid dicks. At least know what deck you are playing against before you do that. I always 'nice!' the almost guaranteed turn 2 TE in dimir/esper variations but usually try to be civil except with rope assholes. This game is 1000% better than Hearthstone with just response alerts. I find something else to do and guarantee the game lasts as long as they want. No skin off my back since i'm usually doing 3-5 things anyways. The 10-12 GG and several nices when they are trying to rope right before they concede is especially fun.

someone who's way ahead throws me a bm gg when I still have cards in hand that for all he knows could change the game state, I minimize and enjoy youtube or twitch while he gets roped

• 1Worf

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
i throw GG to my oponent all the time, at the start, and in the middle, and at the end.
that way they don't know when i'm serious.

Sometimes in when we both are locked into an epic game and its like minute 20, and we are both empty handed drawing from the top.

• 1Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
someone who's way ahead throws me a bm gg when I still have cards in hand that for all he knows could change the game state, I minimize and enjoy youtube or twitch while he gets roped

I use Nissa in most of my decks and she's a fantastic tool for rage-ropes. I especially enjoy the esper ones. It feels good when a nice competitive game suddenly....turns to the rope. One of my fav decks right now includes mass manip just to provide those special moments.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I use Nissa in most of my decks and she's a fantastic tool for rage-ropes. I especially enjoy the esper ones. It feels good when a nice competitive game suddenly....turns to the rope. One of my fav decks right now includes mass manip just to provide those special moments.
Nissa and Liliana usually make it into any deck using those colors.

• 1Like

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
i throw GG to my oponent all the time, at the start, and in the middle, and at the end.
that way they don't know when i'm serious.

Sometimes in when we both are locked into an epic game and its like minute 20, and we are both empty handed drawing from the top.

If the turn 12 llanowar elf is not cause for a GG, i dont know what is.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Pretty fun Infinite Turn deck I'm using on my trek towards Diamond - has solid matchups with most decks.

2 God-Eternal Kefnet (WAR) 53
4 Hallowed Fountain (RNA) 251
4 Paradise Druid (WAR) 171
4 Temple Garden (GRN) 258
3 Cavalier of Gales (M20) 52
4 Riverwise Augur (RIX) 48
4 Karn's Temporal Sundering (DAR) 55
2 Season of Growth (M20) 191
3 Revitalize (M19) 35
2 Island (RIX) 193
3 Jace, Wielder of Mysteries (WAR) 54
2 Finale of Revelation (WAR) 51
3 Prison Realm (WAR) 26
4 Teferi, Time Raveler (WAR) 221
2 Time Wipe (WAR) 223
2 Blast Zone (WAR) 244
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
4 Hinterland Harbor (DAR) 240
4 Glacial Fortress (XLN) 255

If I had enough Mythic tokens I'd craft a 3rd Kefnet and -1 Paradise Druid.
Goal is to get Kefnet to stick (easy to do since he never goes away unless you discard him.) then stack your next-turn draw with Karn's via Season of Growth / Cavalier / Riverwise Augur. Once you get the combo in place it's a soft-lock infinite turn whereby you can slowly draw your whole deck and win via Jace, or Time Wipe your Kefnet back to your hand and then drop Augur and continue the cycle with the added benefit of swinging each turn.

Fairly easy to do once you know what kind of hand to mulligan for.

• 1Like