MTG: Arena

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Honestly I'm becoming very unmotivated to play anymore due to a constant stream of fucktards playing so goddamn slow. Like every other fucking game some dipshit is taking 1-2 minutes to play their hands even when 1 or 2 lands are out. It's making it really boring and frustrating. I've only been playing this game for a few months and I can decide in 15-30 seconds what I need to play efficiently in a goddamn casual game.

I dread even starting games because I know the people are going to play like dipshits.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
There's a dirty little blue white flying deck out there that has shown up in a few tournaments that may be good for you. You pretty much win or lose on turn 3/4 so you can avoid the slow players!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly I'm becoming very unmotivated to play anymore due to a constant stream of fucktards playing so goddamn slow. Like every other fucking game some dipshit is taking 1-2 minutes to play their hands even when 1 or 2 lands are out. It's making it really boring and frustrating. I've only been playing this game for a few months and I can decide in 15-30 seconds what I need to play efficiently in a goddamn casual game.

I dread even starting games because I know the people are going to play like dipshits.

it really is getting tiring, I sort of understand it with the newer more complicated decks like flash and scapeshift but when it's a simple deck and they still play super slow I just don't get it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

This is how I'm climbing the ladder this season. Playing a Simic flash. Fucking rofl.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I love losing a MTGA game with Jace on the field and 55 Risen Reef triggers that don't resolve quickly enough for me to use Jace's +1 ability to win the game, instead it autocompletes my triggers and passes the turn, making me lose on the swing. They need to fix that shit, punishes players for combo decks.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yea idk why they only gave auto-resolve to opponents and not yourself.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
a combination of slow play and esper is really turning me off to magic. now I don't think esper is some all powerful deck as there are a ton of decks just as powerful, the problem is it's overall impact on the meta and how long the games take vs esper, it's just so tiresome. w/o esper we'd have a much healthier meta and a ton of FUN powerful decks to enjoy

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I also should add there is a serious problem going on in bo3 ranked with mirror matches right now

• 1Like

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It was all best of one. With feather deck and red mid range deck. Red deck worked because of tendency of mirror matches in arena. I played it the exact opposite of how people play modern red decks. All the burn was aimed at creatures and I used the high amounts of three drops to then take over the game. The Lava Coils and Sarkan are the only real deviations from red decks and it just looks like I had a bad start. Then I put Sarkan out and they figure out the decks isnt just a normal deck. It get win because of tendency for mirror matches where it has about 70% win rate against standard red decks.

Feather
Defiant Strike x 4
God Willing x 4
Sheltering Light x 4
Reckless Rage x 4
Burning Prophet x 2
Dreadhorde Anarchist x 4
Tenth District Legionnaire x 4
Gideon Blackblade x 2
Feather the Redeemed x 4
Tajic, Legions Edge x 2
Lyra Dawnbringer x 2

Clifftop Retreat x 3
Sacred Foundry x 4
Temple of Triumph x 2
Mountain x 7
Plains x 8

Red midrange
Shock x 4
Lightning Strike x 4
Lava Coil x 4
Runaway Steam-Kin x 4
Viashino Pyromancer x 4
Chandra Acolyte of Flame x 3
Goblin Chainwhirler x 4
Krenko Tin Street Kingpin x 3
Tibalt Rakish Instigator x 2
Chandra Fire Artisan x 2
Zarkan the Masterless x 3

Mountain x 23

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Esper definitely making a resurgence. Been paired against it a lot in Bo3 in mythic. Feels like Esper, Nexus and Vampires might be the only real tier 1 decks right now. Really wish there was a real good version of the elemental deck because that shit is fun as hell.

• 1Like

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I enjoy all the elemental and what not decks but none are as consistent as vamps or weeniebirds

Sterling

El Presidente
Simic Flash isn't bad, but some of the individual cards in it are pretty low powerlevel. the bigboy flash wolf is real, real good though.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Simic flash is slower then other agro decks it gives esper time to set up to deal with it so esper grows as a response to it. Prior to simic flash arriving esper decks were in decline because of speed of other deck choices.

People said fine you want to be a counter spelling asshole well two can play at that game.

Last edited: