MTG: Arena

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I had forgotten about Ashiok, but him and tibalt are fairly fringe. Narset is sees more play than both of them combined by a whole lot.
Not in standard right now, they are all about even. (unless you counting number of copies/not counting sideboard)

If you branch out from standard into the other formats then yea narset is fucking killing it, think she is the most played walker maybe at that point. But branching out you then have to add Saheeli to the list of uncommon played walkers because of modern.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well that was a fucking draft alright. Didn't lose a game, none of them were even close.

1564843614230.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
chandra 6 might be the best card in the set for limited. it's stupid good in almost any situation.
I only cast it twice in 7 games I think, but in other drafts it's been quite insane.

The two haulers and 3 Chandra's Outage had a lot more to do with it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
how are you not just swinging with 1-2 guys a turn

Heck, she may only outnumber their board by two bodies, but 1-2 attackers is pretty conservative. She just needs enough blockers to prevent the opponent from hitting her for 11 in an all-out attack. With the size of her buffed blockers vs. their mostly unbuffed attackers, any attack from the opponent that would result in more than just their creatures futilely commiting suicide would leave her alive and with enough firepower to swing for lethal on the following turn. I can't be fucked to do the math right now, but in the moment in the game if I was pressured to I'd risk something like 5 attackers per turn as a math-less guess.

Sterling

El Presidente
Lots of tramplers.

Have to decide what to play for the MCQ. Scapeshift so good, but it'll be many mirror matches, maybe it's time for Nexus.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
how are you not just swinging with 1-2 guys a turn
My opponent thinned their deck of all their creatures with tracker, so there was no need, they realized too late they had locked themselves into decking.

I was also hoping to draw my Overcome.

I could have trampled with my elementals, but they had a deathtoucher so that only works once.

They also had 6 cards in hand, that got cut off in the snip.

But yeah I easily could have pushed through, but there was almost no risk of waiting either. I mostly wanted to see how big the board could get.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
How is Scapeshift a real deck? Doesn't that entire deck lose to anything that kills your zombies?

Sterling

El Presidente
plus against sweepers you can set up the teferi thing and scapeshift endstep. reason 123912879 teferi 3 is stupid.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
How is Scapeshift a real deck? Doesn't that entire deck lose to anything that kills your zombies?

Even after a board wipe, they're often still making multiple tokens per turn, gets hard to keep up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

zombie making never stops, but ya if you are playing a ton of stuff that can remove them you have a chance, the problem is that deck loses to nexus/esper every time and big creature agro (the stuff you like) most times

and like sterling says, krasis and little tef really fucks it all up.

Sterling

El Presidente
zombie making never stops, but ya if you are playing a ton of stuff that can remove them you have a chance, the problem is that deck loses to nexus/esper every time and big creature agro (the stuff you like) most times

and like sterling says, krasis and little tef really fucks it all up.
I find that the matchup against esper isn't bad at all, nexus pretty much shits on it though for sure

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I meant the decks built for dealing with scapeshift get buttducked by most the rest of the meta

Esper scapeshift and nexus are your t1

Sterling

El Presidente
I meant the decks built for dealing with scapeshift get buttducked by most the rest of the meta

Esper scapeshift and nexus are your t1
oh fair enough. Jund dinos against like esper depends on how much targetted removal is in the esper deck, sweepers ain't always great when you make a bunch of giant hasted dudes.
Fast dino draws are definitely rough for scapeshift, especially now that some of those decks are playing flame sweep main. Vampires isn't too bad for Scapeshift unless they get one of their real nutty draws, but that beats almost everything anyways.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I haven't had much issue with scapeshift with dimir unless the draws are just real lopsided. If I run into to much of the deck I just bring in unmoored ego and remove the field, almost always ends in a concede at that point.

Sterling

El Presidente
I haven't had much issue with scapeshift with dimir unless the draws are just real lopsided. If I run into to much of the deck I just bring in unmoored ego and remove the field, almost always ends in a concede at that point.
i mean ego is good, but you have to do it through veil of summer and it doesn't do anything about any that are already in play. Not saying it's a bad answer, because it's certainly a powerful tool. Still have big krasis and White Finale too though so they're not all eggs in 1 basket.