MTG: Arena

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Every event they ever do that is play 2 lands/turn or free treasures or whatever is just nothing but ass. Those kinds of free mana/accel things are just wank and I hate having to slog through them.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Since the regular supply of M20 packs (slowly nearing mastery 30) and quest gold has given me a stock of wildcards, I'm starting to look at budget deck suggestions (5M, 13R wildcards max). However, given the rotation, I'm not crafting any card that goes invalid in october (when the faeries come to sweep the board). I'll need to replace half in all my current decks that day anyway.

Currently, almost every deck suggestions for newbies I've seen is loaded with Ixalan, Dominaria and consorts.

Any ideas/pointers? I haven't found a good deck site that allows me to filter decks by expansions unless I'm shelving premium subscriptions.

Elemental is rotation proof but it uses a decent number of rares and mythics if you are trying to save for the expansion.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yep all they lose is check lands and Llanowar.

Wonder what esper tempo will do for big teferi.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yep all they lose is check lands and Llanowar.

Wonder what esper tempo will do for big teferi.

I think they'll just add more of the other planeswalkers they already use. Lilianna for one. (Or any good new ones from Archery)

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Since the regular supply of M20 packs (slowly nearing mastery 30) and quest gold has given me a stock of wildcards, I'm starting to look at budget deck suggestions (5M, 13R wildcards max). However, given the rotation, I'm not crafting any card that goes invalid in october (when the faeries come to sweep the board). I'll need to replace half in all my current decks that day anyway.

Currently, almost every deck suggestions for newbies I've seen is loaded with Ixalan, Dominaria and consorts.

Any ideas/pointers? I haven't found a good deck site that allows me to filter decks by expansions unless I'm shelving premium subscriptions.

Simic Flash uses like four rares and no mythics. Ambush wolves aew the only rares so you will likely find decks that use then post rotation.

Play Simic Flash and become part of the problem instead of just being affected by it.

Sterling

El Presidente
rares are more of a pain than mythics on arena generally due to wildcard nature.

been getting reps in with nexus. feels good against scapeshift, but holy shit i wish more people would concede once you have 3-4 turns banked

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
core 2020 gruul draft.PNG

went 7-2 with what i thought was a relatively weak Gruul draft deck. it only had 13 creatures! i guess going heavy on removal is good in this format?

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
These event rewards are WILD! I've already won multiple basic lands! Make sure you don't miss out.

Capture.PNG

I mean, pretty basic lands are cool and all, but wtf?

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I really like the Rebecca Guay artwork, but yeah, would rather have gems/coins.

I mean the primary purpose for me was the 1000xp for mastery. You really don't have to do it after that. Considering the only other way to get full art lands is to spend 2k gems for a set, it's at least nice.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean the event is free, so it's kind of whatever. Nice basic lands will last a lot longer than random packs of bullshit you probably already have a million of

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
It seems today I'm having exceptionally bad luck, but I've played 6 games, lost 6 games, and been mana starved in 4 of 6. Two of the losses were just mental error losses on my part. The other 4 didn't even give me a chance to lose on my own, haha.

I mulliganed to two lands in two games and still got starved in one. In three other games, including the one shown below, I started with 2 lands and didn't draw another land.

This game feels retarded at best some days. I've never experienced such ridiculous streaks in paper.

mtg.PNG

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
The thing that still weirds me out is so frequently getting three of the same cards in the original draw or during a mulligan.

There’s no way that’s at all natural. Just use a totally randomized shuffle already and stop using whatever weird seed they are.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
just got to live the Portal of Sanctuary (tap to bounce creatures) + Master Splicer (makes a 3/3 golem token as ETB and +1/+1 for all golems) dream to make a small army of Golem tokens in the first game of my next draft bahaha. i forget how many i had at the end there, i believe it was 11? was facing a guy who basically drafted mono green, was a total ground stall for like 15 turns... took forever but was strangely really fun. just had to build up to the point where i had enough damage to swing for lethal all at once despite his 8 blockers. took out 22 life in one attack to win the game. 4 of those Master Splicers and 4 other random golems in this draft deck, so i guess i'm janky Azorius Golem Tribal.

Core 2020 is actually a really fun draft format now that i've got it more figured out