MTG: Arena

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The doctor always recommends an unmoored ego on the side board.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Since the regular supply of M20 packs (slowly nearing mastery 30) and quest gold has given me a stock of wildcards, I'm starting to look at budget deck suggestions (5M, 13R wildcards max). However, given the rotation, I'm not crafting any card that goes invalid in october (when the faeries come to sweep the board). I'll need to replace half in all my current decks that day anyway.

Currently, almost every deck suggestions for newbies I've seen is loaded with Ixalan, Dominaria and consorts.

Any ideas/pointers? I haven't found a good deck site that allows me to filter decks by expansions unless I'm shelving premium subscriptions.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Since the regular supply of M20 packs (slowly nearing mastery 30) and quest gold has given me a stock of wildcards, I'm starting to look at budget deck suggestions (5M, 13R wildcards max). However, given the rotation, I'm not crafting any card that goes invalid in october (when the faeries come to sweep the board). I'll need to replace half in all my current decks that day anyway.

Currently, almost every deck suggestions for newbies I've seen is loaded with Ixalan, Dominaria and consorts.

Any ideas/pointers? I haven't found a good deck site that allows me to filter decks by expansions unless I'm shelving premium subscriptions.

I've been mass hoarding wildcards since release because of the upcoming rotation. I spent some early to craft the best BO1 RDW deck I could to quickly grind quests knowing that I wouldn't be playing any real, honest to god Magic until after the rotation. At this point, rotation is so close that I feel you should just hold on to your wild cards unless there is some burning desire to spend them. There are just too many staples, even in RDW, to be really competitive without dipping into cards that will rotate.

• 1Like

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Well this event was painless at least. Pretty much just cut 4 mountains to go to 16 lands out of RDW and put in 4 mayhem devils. They trigger off both players sacing treasures. Done in 30 minutes.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Treasure format is dumb. Whoever goes first wins. You really should get 2 treasures on the 2nd players's first turn.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well this event was painless at least. Pretty much just cut 4 mountains to go to 16 lands out of RDW and put in 4 mayhem devils. They trigger off both players sacing treasures. Done in 30 minutes.

That deck really just breaks the format. It will be the most popular deck as soon as everyone figures it out. I also went perfect with it.

I went 12 consecutive wins with that deck. Got beat by a Red/Green/Black that used 4 toughness creatures and also drew his Mayhem Devil. That deck might even be better.

Last edited:

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I just played my normal dimir deck for the event and had 1 loss from shuffler just fucking me lol

Rime

<Donor>
As above, just used my usual Cavalcade RDW and tossed in 4 Mayhem Devils. Was finished within a half hour.

• 1Solidarity

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
im going to be sad when rotation happens for my dimir deck have to replace 5 cards and its almost all removal.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Cry of the Carnarium doesn't quite make up for the loss of Ritual of Soot.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
treasure event is pretty dumb, just played jund dinos with 4 mayhem devils instead of 3 lands and some random card i can't remember. turn 1 dino accelerators is real dumb