MTG: Arena

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So many people made full sets of Oko, I bet if they ban it they end up refunding wildcards or something on Arena, to minimize backlash

tiggles already said, it won't get banned until much closer to rotation (if at all)

hopefully no fotd opens up some decks we're not even thinking about, we'll see

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
There is so little chance Oko gets banned this week. It is way to early to ban. It would rock consumer confidence. Unless Oko takes up a huge meta game presence and wins big events he'll stick around for at least one expansion.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
There is so little chance Oko gets banned this week. It is way to early to ban. It would rock consumer confidence. Unless Oko takes up a huge meta game presence and wins big events he'll stick around for at least one expansion.
I agree he isn't getting banned, but all but 2 non-Golos decks that top 24ed this weekend were Bant Ramp, Simic Food, or Bant Food. Those decks only work because of Oko.

I'm interested to see what comes up against them post FoD ban.

Sterling

El Presidente
I agree he isn't getting banned, but all but 2 non-Golos decks that top 24ed this weekend were Bant Ramp, Simic Food, or Bant Food. Those decks only work because of Oko.

I'm interested to see what comes up against them post FoD ban.
Bant or whatever ramp decks would still be a deck without oko, but it would mostly kill the food decks.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
tiggles already said, it won't get banned until much closer to rotation (if at all)

hopefully no fotd opens up some decks we're not even thinking about, we'll see

If they don't ban Oko Monday they will ban it when previews of the next set come out.

Oko IS getting banned, the question is how much damage are they going to inflict on their format to continue selling packs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
If they don't ban Oko Monday they will ban it when previews of the next set come out.

Oko IS getting banned, the question is how much damage are they going to inflict on their format to continue selling packs.

the retarded thing about him is a few adjustments and he's a great pw. Obviously the +1 should be a -1 but the +2 should probably be a +1 also.

Sterling

El Presidente
Only 1 Golos deck in the Top 8. Like a 3 or 4 percent conversion rate. Mono red 100 percent conversion rate.

Sterling

El Presidente
9 through 16 are all golos fod decks, right? basically breakers or one win less than the top 8
I mean not all of them, but there's bound to be a bunch due to there being 28 decks and like 12 or 13 of them were field decks and only 1 made top 8.