MTG: Arena

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I mean not all of them, but there's bound to be a bunch due to there being 28 decks and like 12 or 13 of them were field decks and only 1 made top 8.

Yeah I was slightly off, the lone 9 win deck to not top 8 and all of the 8 win decks

I do love seeing Lee Shi Tian's sock full of nickels making it into the top 8, though. Can't keep mono red down entirely in any new format.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah I was slightly off, the lone 9 win deck to not top 8 and all of the 8 win decks

I do love seeing Lee Shi Tian's sock full of nickels making it into the top 8, though. Can't keep mono red down entirely in any new format.
Well day 2 was totally separate from day 1 for top 8 so they won't necessarily match up. Like the gruul deck made top 8 but only had 8 wins because he had good breakers on both days.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Been doing a more knight heavy embercleave, but may have to try dat one with the giant dinosaur hitting like a truck

Sterling

El Presidente
Look at that a Golos vs deck that's good vs golos in the finals. Who predicted that gruul might be well positioned for this event?

Sterling

El Presidente
William Playfair

It wasn't well positioned for the event and playing the event over and over a few 100 times would show it.
It was favored against over half the field, pretty sure that's pretty much exactly what you want.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
It was favored against over half the field, pretty sure that's pretty much exactly what you want.

Only because half the field was Golos. It worked out perfectly for him because he built that deck specifically to beat Golos Field decks, and it isn't like he was cleaning house against that deck either. I understand that was part of his strategy, but it is still ridiculous that the only decks in the event were Golos + Field, Oko + Nissa, and aggro specifically built to handle Golos + Field.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Only because half the field was Golos. It worked out perfectly for him because he built that deck specifically to beat Golos Field decks, and it isn't like he was cleaning house against that deck either. I understand that was part of his strategy, but it is still ridiculous that the only decks in the event were Golos + Field, Oko + Nissa, and aggro specifically built to handle Golos + Field.

and they were built to handle it by stealing games on turn 3 with great hands, all they need to do is get a little lucky to steal the turny but oko will likely buttfuck that plan

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean the meta was dumb, but predicting metas and picking a deck accordingly is a major part of high level events. Nobody is claiming that these aggro decks with little to no removal in them are good intrinsically. I just said that it would be good for this specific tournament.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hello Siege Rhino my old friend, I've come to cast you once again... And again, and again....

A bunch of people are going to snap buy JVPs this week then feel bad when narset/search for azcanta are just better overall.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The nice part, price wise is that while prices will go up, it's got a way larger supply of these sets than the pre-r2r sets, so you shouldn't be looking at jund level deck prices.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I still think that Magic Origins is the proper place to begin a new eternal format. All of the cards have the new anti-countfeiting holo thing, no fetches, etc. But if they're willing to day one ban fetches that's not awful I guess?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You can probably build a pretty fuckin rad Grixis Artifact bullshit deck in the new format. They kept printing partial support for it over the years.