MTG: Arena

Rime

<Donor>
I did not buy this set after how swing the last one was. Used 89k gold and bought the pass with gems from the last pass.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
have fun with temur ramp guys, or any ramp deck which can now have access to 40+ mana on turn 5

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So doing a sealed and I get the green 10/6 for 5 that must be blocked if able. Whenever a creature does block him the controller gets to draw a card. Never considered green for mill but it works wonders for a standoff where the opponent had 14 creatures on the board.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
The mythic that lets you replay a creature every round from the battlefield (blue, not by my computer right now,) is pretty badass. I had a loop of agent of treachery and in another game Omnath going. Simic is gonna be really annoying.

Edit:

Yep, it's bullshit. I'm already just about over with this. The tapping for 30 mana a few rounds in shit with simic and having them combo out half their deck taking 5 minutes a turn is just obnoxious as fuck. Tedious, boring, shit. I've never seen people playing so goddamn slow. It's just way too easy to ramp. It's boring to even play it.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The new way to play Standard is to ignore sets at release, and just wait a month for all the mistakenly OP cards to get banned, then enjoy two months of well balanced gameplay with little competition because so many good players leave in that first month each time lol.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
The mythic that lets you replay a creature every round from the battlefield (blue, not by my computer right now,) is pretty badass. I had a loop of agent of treachery and in another game Omnath going. Simic is gonna be really annoying.

Edit:

Yep, it's bullshit. I'm already just about over with this. The tapping for 30 mana a few rounds in shit with simic and having them combo out half their deck taking 5 minutes a turn is just obnoxious as fuck. Tedious, boring, shit. I've never seen people playing so goddamn slow. It's just way too easy to ramp. It's boring to even play it.
I've yet to see any of this crazy ramping and I've played like 60 matches since the set's been released. At least it's not coming up at the upper mythic part of the ladder. I don't really see how it's a thing against any deck with any amount of interaction.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I've yet to see any of this crazy ramping and I've played like 60 matches since the set's been released. At least it's not coming up at the upper mythic part of the ladder. I don't really see how it's a thing against any deck with any amount of interaction.

Yeah, whenever you read any post from me about MTGA keep in mind I play unranked best of one with the other noobs. So my experience is undoubtedly skewed from yours.

I should play more ranked.

I played probably 15-20 games yesterday and no shit probably 12-13 were simic ramp.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
White life gain has brought white back, in 1vs1. The new life gain god really is fun. The 1/2 flyer that negates incoming effects is $$$.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, whenever you read any post from me about MTGA keep in mind I play unranked best of one with the other noobs. So my experience is undoubtedly skewed from yours.

I should play more ranked.

I played probably 15-20 games yesterday and no shit probably 12-13 were simic ramp.

Cheesy, cheap decks like that seem to show up on the ladder more at lower difficulties, weirdly. Maybe if they only fall apart against Tier 1 decks and tend to run away against decks that don't stay on top of it?

I keep ranking every other season pretty much, so I'm climbing up from pretty low every time, and it really does seem like there's a very different average spread of decks at different ranks. And not just extra jank at lower ranks, seems to this potentially faulty pattern recognizing monkey mind that there is a distinct shift in something resembling the ratio of Tier 1 decks vs. meta targetting decks.

I'm about to climb from Bronze this season, I should do some data analysis once I rank up. If I had motivation. Which I don't. So I'm just going to speculate probably lol. But perhaps.

For what it's worth, I'm seeing Simic Ramp a lot myself, currently Silver 4 and climbing.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Cheesy, cheap decks like that seem to show up on the ladder more at lower difficulties, weirdly. Maybe if they only fall apart against Tier 1 decks and tend to run away against decks that don't stay on top of it?

I keep ranking every other season pretty much, so I'm climbing up from pretty low every time, and it really does seem like there's a very different average spread of decks at different ranks. And not just extra jank at lower ranks, seems to this potentially faulty pattern recognizing monkey mind that there is a distinct shift in something resembling the ratio of Tier 1 decks vs. meta targetting decks.

I'm about to climb from Bronze this season, I should do some data analysis once I rank up. If I had motivation. Which I don't. So I'm just going to speculate probably lol. But perhaps.

For what it's worth, I'm seeing Simic Ramp a lot myself, currently Silver 4 and climbing.

I think that is the case indeed. Lower ranks have more annoying stuff, then they don’t work out as well against real meta decks.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Decided to try a sealed event for the first time in... I dunno, 15 years or more at least. So booted up Arena for giggles. Anyway, I had some guy stick Dreadful Apathy on 2 of my creatures. I'm like "Ha good thing I have two Flicker of Fate's!" Except, when I used them, my creatures went bye bye, but... never came back. Lost the game cause of it. I'm sure it was my derpy fault, but wtf did I do wrong? First time messing around with Arena, wut do?

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Decided to try a sealed event for the first time in... I dunno, 15 years or more at least. So booted up Arena for giggles. Anyway, I had some guy stick Dreadful Apathy on 2 of my creatures. I'm like "Ha good thing I have two Flicker of Fate's!" Except, when I used them, my creatures went bye bye, but... never came back. Lost the game cause of it. I'm sure it was my derpy fault, but wtf did I do wrong? First time messing around with Arena, wut do?
where they tokens? you cant flicker tokens.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Dreadful apathy allows them to exile the enchanted creature. It’s possible they exiled them in response to the flicker if they had the mana.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Loaded up Arena for the first time in several months

First thing I see was this

Immediately closed program

JPEG_20200120_125718.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users