MTG: Arena

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This thread is dead.

Arena is actually somewhat enjoyable again though. After dealing with the crap that was Eldraine meta for months its better now. But the power creep makes me suspect that its really likely to go back to sucking again once they figure out the meta.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
This thread is dead.

Arena is actually somewhat enjoyable again though. After dealing with the crap that was Eldraine meta for months its better now. But the power creep makes me suspect that its really likely to go back to sucking again once they figure out the meta.
Standard is pretty good right now and has been since the last set of bannings. I think there's enough real decks that there won't be one overwhelming deck until at least the next set.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
vest back.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
What do you guys think about merging this thread with the old one?

I personally would like 1 place to talk about anything magic related, instead of being so fragmented in between here and the other side

Opinions anyone?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm cool with the card thread being merged into this one, but this one is specifically about the Arena platform so should not be moved into a non-digital gaming sections.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Standard is pretty good right now and has been since the last set of bannings. I think there's enough real decks that there won't be one overwhelming deck until at least the next set.
Fucking trawler is everywhere, not unbeatable but jesus he is hard.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
They have done a really good job with the ui and the resolution. Let's see if they can pull it off on the multiple and smaller mobile resolutions

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Its pretty amazing how they made Arena and Pioneer popular, yet there is no Pioneer on Arena.

• 1Like

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
They have said pioneer will make its way onto arena, I'm too lazy to dig up the source for that but I believe they are going to start bringing the sets for it this year, I don't recall if they gave a timeline for when the sets would all be available. It's no small task to bring sets to either online client so who the hell knows but im guess is itll take 2+ years unless they are ramping up the team size.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's not my favorite piece of software but MTGO has been functional for like twenty years. I'd hope with the institutional knowledge gained from that product they could get Pioneer to Arena quicker than a couple years.

I'd hope.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What do you guys think about merging this thread with the old one?

I personally would like 1 place to talk about anything magic related, instead of being so fragmented in between here and the other side

Opinions anyone?

you ask this all the time

no

everyone that plays Modern / Pioneer / Legacy / Commander / etc wants this Arena bullshit away from their space

stop asking

you are too lazy to check two threads, so you are asking to have everyone that just checks the one to have to wade through a bunch of bullshit they don't want. just so you don't have to click two threads. if you don't see how that sucks then idk dude.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
you ask this all the time

no

everyone that plays Modern / Pioneer / Legacy / Commander / etc wants this Arena bullshit away from their space

stop asking

you are too lazy to check two threads, so you are asking to have everyone that just checks the one to have to wade through a bunch of bullshit they don't want. just so you don't have to click two threads. if you don't see how that sucks then idk dude.
To be honest this reads like a bunch of of pricks clutching their cards (pearls) about the exact same game, but being implemented in a different medium, with a much better technology.

What is this arena bullshit you speak of? Standard talk? Oko talk?

• 1Tiresome

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
To be honest this reads like a bunch of of pricks clutching their cards (pearls) about the exact same game, but being implemented in a different medium, with a much better technology.

When I think of "arena bullshit" I think of you trying to defend Allure of the Unknown as a viable magic to card to play, or even be good.

• 3Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

So why not keep it separate then?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
When I think of "arena bullshit" I think of you trying to defend Allure of the Unknown as a viable magic to card to play, or even be good.

Lolol yes keeping that out of the real MTG thread is a good enough reason for me to want them to stay separate lol

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Grats to Pablo vitor for winning the Arena Magic world championship.

I choosed him as the winner so Let’s see what goodies we get.

He also didnt rely so much on dream trawler and Instead it was mostly on the archon. Very nice meta game call.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>

why do you want to water down your digital magic discussion if you like it so much?

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Grats to Pablo vitor for winning the Arena Magic world championship.

I choosed him as the winner so Let’s see what goodies we get.

He also didnt rely so much on dream trawler and Instead it was mostly on the archon. Very nice meta game call.
They actually drafted from actual boosters, then they played the games on Arena. PV is unreal, dude just wins so much.

• 2Like