MTG: Arena

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
MTGO has been on life support for years. It's no surprise people are jumping ship, even if publicly wotc has claimed they want to support both going forward.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
MTGO has been on life support for years. It's no surprise people are jumping ship, even if publicly wotc has claimed they want to support both going forward.

one thing I wish they'd port over into mtga is the ability to write click a card to let it always auto resolve

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Arena needs a lot of works till for sure, but the framework is solid. If they keep trucking along with it it'll be THE magic platform for years to come.

I doubt we'll see actual factual modern in arena, but I also don't think wotc is all that interested in modern anymore. They are pushing for the esports market, which means modern has to die, or at least get put out to pasture similar to legacy. Fetchlands just do not work as a spectator experience, so I'm sure whatever arena-modern format they introduce next year will start after kahns block.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
no, this lets you select a particular card on board and keeps it on "auto resolve" every turn until you stop it.
Yeah I was joking. The amount of idiots that ignore their adanto when it isn't their turn is frustrating.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I was joking. The amount of idiots that ignore their adanto when it isn't their turn is frustrating.

their rope system just needs a complete redesign, it's so bad that I find myself forming jerkoff habbits and just going to take a piss or grab a beer or feed the dogs in the middle of a match, cause fuck it what does it matter.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Current rope system is basically non-functional for any kind of actual competitive play. If they do ever put things like online PTQs in to arena they need to just go back to the chess clock.

Fetches are bad for infinite actual balance and gameplay reasons, but specifically as a spectator they mean nearly every game of modern begins with several minutes of players shuffling their libraries as they play lands.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I've really been enjoying the game. Haven't played magic since high school (Antiquities - Exodus), and the game seems so different now. A lot more synergy between things, and feels like themed decks are heavily supported or pushed. It's a blast playing again, and I hope it continues to grow, because I could see myself sticking with this.

I also realize that I'm rusty as fuck when it comes to deck building. Only thing I've had some success with is this one, but still trying to work out the kinks:

2 Dawn of Hope (GRN) 8
6 Plains (RIX) 192
2 Ajani's Last Stand (M19) 4
4 Ixalan's Binding (XLN) 17
2 Shalai, Voice of Plenty (DAR) 35
3 Cleansing Nova (M19) 9
3 Reassembling Skeleton (M19) 116
10 Swamp (RIX) 194
4 Phylactery Lich (M19) 113
2 Phyrexian Scriptures (DAR) 100
2 Doom Whisperer (GRN) 69
4 Fountain of Renewal (M19) 235
1 Rogue's Gloves (M19) 243
1 Arcane Encyclopedia (M19) 227
4 Forsaken Sanctuary (M19) 250
4 Isolated Chapel (DAR) 241
3 Hired Poisoner (GRN) 72
3 Kitesail Freebooter (XLN) 110

When it works, it's a ton of fun. If any of you folks that are a hell of a lot more skilled then I am have any suggestions, I'm all ears, and would be thankful for the feedback.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've really been enjoying the game. Haven't played magic since high school (Antiquities - Exodus), and the game seems so different now. A lot more synergy between things, and feels like themed decks are heavily supported or pushed. It's a blast playing again, and I hope it continues to grow, because I could see myself sticking with this.

That's actually quite sad for me, because it was so much better 10 years ago for synergy and themes.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
That's actually quite sad for me, because it was so much better 10 years ago for synergy and themes.

How so? I'm not familiar with anything past maybe '99. The current stuff just seems leaps and bounds different then the old days of slugging it out with big slow decks.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm

I also realize that I'm rusty as fuck when it comes to deck building. Only thing I've had some success with is this one, but still trying to work out the kinks:

2 Dawn of Hope (GRN) 8
6 Plains (RIX) 192
2 Ajani's Last Stand (M19) 4
4 Ixalan's Binding (XLN) 17
2 Shalai, Voice of Plenty (DAR) 35
3 Cleansing Nova (M19) 9
3 Reassembling Skeleton (M19) 116
10 Swamp (RIX) 194
4 Phylactery Lich (M19) 113
2 Phyrexian Scriptures (DAR) 100
2 Doom Whisperer (GRN) 69
1 Rogue's Gloves (M19) 243
1 Arcane Encyclopedia (M19) 227
4 Forsaken Sanctuary (M19) 250
3 Hired Poisoner (GRN) 72
3 Kitesail Freebooter (XLN) 110

When it works, it's a ton of fun. If any of you folks that are a hell of a lot more skilled then I am have any suggestions, I'm all ears, and would be thankful for the feedback.

I run a White Black controllish deck too, although my list is quite a bit different from yours, more traditional control. And don't you get land screwed an awful lot with only 20 lands in your deck? Anyways, heres my list, maybe youll get an idea or two.

2 Cast Down (DAR) 81
4 Vraska's Contempt (XLN) 129
4 Karn, Scion of Urza (DAR) 1
4 Dawn of Hope (GRN) 8
3 The Eldest Reborn (DAR) 90
2 Forebear's Blade (DAR) 214
11 Swamp (DAR) 258
8 Plains (GRN) 260
2 Cleansing Nova (M19) 9
2 Ixalan's Binding (XLN) 17
2 Profane Procession (RIX) 166
1 Moment of Craving (RIX) 79
3 Thaumatic Compass (XLN) 249
2 Ritual of Soot (GRN) 84
2 Detection Tower (M19) 249

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
How so? I'm not familiar with anything past maybe '99. The current stuff just seems leaps and bounds different then the old days of slugging it out with big slow decks.
They nerfed the power of cards, so you get way less synergy and powerful effects for your mana.

I used to play hyper aggressive aggro decks with 1 cost cards like Champion of the Parish (which was a dangerous threat control would kill ASAP) and there were other powerful 1 cost humans to go with it, now you'll get one card like that in Standard if you are lucky.

• 1Like

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Merfolk decks can fuck right off.

Settle the Wreckage, my friend. Had a game last night in which i was down to 1 life and the opponent just kept shitting out a ton of merfolk. I was playing a dino deck so the dude probably wasnt even thinking I had it in the deck. He spam clicked until he hit the attack all button with like 12 merfolk on board. As soon as i dropped Settle he insta conceded, lol. Felt great

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
I can deal with the deck most of the time, its just after 8 games in a row of the same shit a little variety would be nice :(

Caliane

lol. the last duo-color deck daily reward for newbies. "fuck it, heres the last 5 color combos all at once."

The blue-red "wrath of mages" starter deck is decent too. Its more stressful then the merfolk. ha.
best of 1, quick constructed. 11:2 with merfolk, then swapped to the blue-red. 11:4 with that. only 1 or 2 card changes in that, so far. theres a couple cards I want to swap out.

Also, no one told me, when I mentioned it.. but I found out there are twitch extensions for MTG:A, and presumably Hearthstone for streamers to be able to hover over cards and see what they are. Deckmaster for mtg.