1x [[Risk Factor]]

1x [[Search for Azcanta]]

1x [[Vraska's Contempt]]

4x [[Conclave Tribunal]]

4x [[The Eldest Reborn]]

4x [[Lava Coil]]

4x [[Merfolk Branchwater]]

4x [[Sinister Sabotage]]

Think I already had most if not all of those.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
just to be clear. it says "coded redeemed" quickly. but there is no other prompt. it doesnt even tell you what cards you got.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Reeee code won't redeem.

yeah it told me that it worked but i didn't get any of the cards...

edit -- nevermind, apparently they just took a bit to hit my collection. looking at 4x Eldest Reborns now, only had 1 when i looked immediately after entering the code.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Hey just crossed my mind -- now that we can do Direct Challenge, do you guys want to do an FoH MtGA tournament? I could set up the bracket.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
According to reddit you get:
1x [[Cleansing Nova]]

1x [[Ghalta, Primal Hunger]]

1x [[Risk Factor]]

1x [[Search for Azcanta]]

1x [[Vraska's Contempt]]

4x [[Conclave Tribunal]]

4x [[The Eldest Reborn]]

4x [[Lava Coil]]

4x [[Merfolk Branchwater]]

4x [[Sinister Sabotage]]

Think I already had most if not all of those.
Oddly, this progressed my vault.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Apparently if you pass on your turn, but already declared attackers, it resolves your combat phase. GG.

:(

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
goodbye progression via icr in constructed event

RIP

don't get 3rd place there is no card cushion for your feels

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
goodbye progression via icr in constructed event

RIP

don't get 3rd place there is no card cushion for your feels
That's fucking stupid, it's like these people don't understand what's fun about their own game.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
That's fucking stupid, it's like these people don't understand what's fun about their own game.

i'm watching nox go over the state of the beta -- apparently weekend events will still have ICR and they had to get rid of ICR to fix the 5th card problem. positive for people who put some money into the game and negative for f2p until they learn to save their gold and grind on the weekend.

they've definitively killed constructed event though, drafts, weekend events and just farting around in unranked is all i'll be doing once this goes live

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Damn that sucks. It was far too generous though. I averaged about 5 wins in constructed event just grinding mono red, which made the 3 card rewards essentially free. At 7 wins it would usually upgrade 1 to mythic, sometimes both. It was pretty nuts but I really only had patience for maybe one run a day if I wasnt too busy.

Now I will never bother with it again. Good for my sanity, bad for my f2p collection.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Ok - If you think ICR is or was going to net you the decks you want to play short of the year 2027 you are insane.

There are 1300ish cards in standard rotation currently. You need 4 cards almost always for decks.

You would need to be powerball winner lucky to get the cards you need/want to complete sets.

It's a feel good reward at best because you won't even be using 90% of the cards in standard even being a jank all star.

The best method will always be spending gold to buy packs to get wildcards to build your decks so any f2p whining otherwise is just making noise.

If you want to get rid of the time pain point as f2p then go mow a lawn so you can buy some gems ffs.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Ok - If you think ICR is or was going to net you the decks you want to play short of the year 2027 you are insane.

There are 1300ish cards in standard rotation currently. You need 4 cards almost always for decks.

You would need to be powerball winner lucky to get the cards you need/want to complete sets.

It's a feel good reward at best because you won't even be using 90% of the cards in standard even being a jank all star.

The best method will always be spending gold to buy packs to get wildcards to build your decks so any f2p whining otherwise is just making noise.

If you want to get rid of the time pain point as f2p then go mow a lawn so you can buy some gems ffs.
It wasn't about EV. The ICRs did not contribute to EV in any meaningful way.

It was about the fact that the ICRs were fun.

Magic is fun when you're opening cards.