MTG: Arena

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am not bothering with the Kibler event because the reward is not nearly as good as the constructed event. If the kibler event gave you 2 losses instead of one then that would be fine. 1 loss only weakens the event greatly.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
been playing this recently, mostly direct games with friends. hope they had some log/stat keeping of some variety, but so far so good while building my decks out.

however i really only stopped by to say that if you play BLUE deck you should be punched in the face in real life

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All the events are crap and all of the rewards for the events are crap. WTF is the point?

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
been playing this recently, mostly direct games with friends. hope they had some log/stat keeping of some variety, but so far so good while building my decks out.

however i really only stopped by to say that if you play BLUE deck you should be punched in the face in real life
MTG Arena | Live Tracking and Decks for Magic The Gathering Arena
MTG Arena Tool

Heres two trackers. I use the first one, because I was introduced to it first. I dont know how good the second is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
i just wish the cost to draft and sealed was half of what it is or at least 25 percent, really would like to do more sealed/draft events.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah, i dropped $20 on gems for the first time to do some drafts, and man it's fun / addicting. i think i ended up gimping myself via rare-sniping off color cards, but fuck it, haha. i fleshed out my rares/mythic rares wayyyy quicker than i ever would have any other way.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The single time I tried sealed I walked away feeling disappointed. Drafting without being afraid to rare snipe feels like way more bang for the buck. If sealed was cheaper that would be different.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
mileage.png

• 3Worf
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
this weekend's "Play Anything" draft looks interesting. every card has 0 mana cost.

draft four Lava Axes and draw them on turn 1 and insta win haha

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
this weekend's "Play Anything" draft looks interesting. every card has 0 mana cost.

draft four Lava Axes and draw them on turn 1 and insta win haha

that sounds like a shit show of epic proportions

• 1Solidarity

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Problem I have with drafting is just how easy the AI is to exploit, so you just tend to play against like 2-3 of the same archtype. Like for Dom I saw just shit loads of R/G decks with crazy number of copies are good/solid cards.

It just got really boring to me.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
This Play Anything event is hilarious. Just had my ass handed to me spectacularly. Opponent must have drafted:

Image.png

Really early, because just about every other card he had made himself draw a card. And of course he drew that^ turn one.

I was cracking up at the absurdity of it. Took him maybe 5 turns to mill my whole deck.

Oh BTW opening hands are just three cards for the event. And you go to three losses, rather than two like most events.

And you also get a Mana pool to use for activating card effects. Just five Mana per turn tho, one of each color.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So, the trick to this event is to stack as many card draw effects as possible.

I just managed to draw my entire deck on turn one. My initial three card draw was:

169114_200w.jpg
Image (2).png
Image (1).png

Then it all just snowballed from there. It was hilarious. My opponent let me play out the turn instead of conceding, Good Guy Greg right there.

This is my fourth time doing the draft already. First time going this far tho, 6 wins in now, first time ever making it into the green in a gem event. Pretty stoked.

• 1Like

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just hit gold rank in constructed running a variation of Boros Weenie.
8 Plains (DAR) 250
4 Lightning Strike (XLN) 149
3 Militia Bugler (M19) 29
4 Shock (M19) 156
4 Heroic Reinforcements (M19) 217
8 Mountain (M19) 275
2 Conclave Tribunal (GRN) 6
3 Healer's Hawk (GRN) 14
3 Sunhome Stalwart (GRN) 26
4 Goblin Banneret (GRN) 102
4 Boros Challenger (GRN) 156
2 Integrity // Intervention (GRN) 227
1 Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice (GRN) 153
4 Clifftop Retreat (DAR) 239
1 Experimental Frenzy (GRN) 99
2 Tajic, Legion's Edge (GRN) 204
2 Sacred Foundry (GRN) 254
1 History of Benalia (DAR) 21

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gold ranking is easy. Now try moving from that point. Unlike Hearthstone, there is no consecutive win bonus and so you can go up one and then go back one. Rinse and repeat and yay. I stopped at gold because all it takes is a few bad mana games to really make a person realize the system needs some tweeking.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
oh mtg

yday I went 21/8 with my two favorite decks

so far today i'm 1/13 lol

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
oh mtg

yday I went 21/8 with my two favorite decks

so far today i'm 1/13 lol
Now you see why I've loved magic for 25 years.

You get used to losing all the time and you can always just blame bad luck and never your own poor choices.

• 1Worf