MTG: Arena

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Mist Mist Mahes Mahes anyone else that went for the five wins, mind posting decklists? I think I want to try it, I have no idea how to build a good pauper deck tho.

Caliane

Literally any deck that is an actual complete deck, and a few rat killer cards, like a golden demise or cosmotronic, saproling migration.

The vast majority of people playing are playing half built decks scavenged from the free starter decks.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mist Mist Mahes Mahes anyone else that went for the five wins, mind posting decklists? I think I want to try it, I have no idea how to build a good pauper deck tho.

2x Charge
4x Vampire's Zeal
4x Bishop's Soldier
4x Martyr of Dusk
4x Legion Conquistador
4x Luminous Bonds
4x Territorial Hammerskull
2x Gallant Cavalry
4x Paladin of the Bloodstained
4x Angel of the Dawn
24x Plains

The deck handles most situations. Boros can still out gun it but it really does come down to the draw.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
When I try to play the Pauper event, I get this screen where I'm assuming I should be able to choose a deck:

Capture.PNG

Wut?

Caliane

When I try to play the Pauper event, I get this screen where I'm assuming I should be able to choose a deck:

View attachment 187488

Wut?
do you not have a valid deck. ONLY commons are allowed.

create a new deck. click the icon that looks like sliders. 3 bars with diamonds on them. then click on common.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
2x Charge
4x Vampire's Zeal
4x Bishop's Soldier
4x Martyr of Dusk
4x Legion Conquistador
4x Luminous Bonds
4x Territorial Hammerskull
2x Gallant Cavalry
4x Paladin of the Bloodstained
4x Angel of the Dawn
24x Plains

The deck handles most situations. Boros can still out gun it but it really does come down to the draw.

thanks for this, brosephius. had to make a few alterations, but i'm having really good luck with it.

2x Charge
2x Vampire's Zeal
4x Bishop's Soldier
4x Martyr of Dusk
3x Legion Conquistador
4x Luminous Bonds
3x Gallant Cavalry
2x Paladin of the Bloodstained
4x Angel of the Dawn
4x Healer's Hawk
2x Blade Instructor
26x Plains

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
LOL, this is the 3rd round.

EDIT: Immediately after I posted this, he destroyed my vampire and I pulled 4 lands in a row and he came back and won. What. The. Fuck?

Capture.PNG

• 1WTF
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
And the very next game it's 22 - 5 and I pull FIVE FUCKING LANDS in a row and lose again.

WTF???

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
no that's just mtg

It doesn't make any sense to me that every single time I get 2 or 3 wins, I inevitably have a game where I get sunk by mana. I'm not talking a little bit either. I mean that I'm significantly ahead and then I pull nothing but mana until I lose. Every single time.

Maybe I'm just too noob to MTG?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It doesn't make any sense to me that every single time I get 2 or 3 wins, I inevitably have a game where I get sunk by mana. I'm not talking a little bit either. I mean that I'm significantly ahead and then I pull nothing but mana until I lose. Every single time.

Maybe I'm just too noob to MTG?

ya that's just how it is sometimes in mtg, you can get mana screwed or flooded at any point really

I think it's worth it for the added complexity the game has, but it can get annoying.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
thanks for this, brosephius. had to make a few alterations, but i'm having really good luck with it.

2x Charge
2x Vampire's Zeal
4x Bishop's Soldier
4x Martyr of Dusk
3x Legion Conquistador
4x Luminous Bonds
3x Gallant Cavalry
2x Paladin of the Bloodstained
4x Angel of the Dawn
4x Healer's Hawk
2x Blade Instructor
26x Plains

Took me 4 tries to win 5 in a row with a VERY similar setup.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
i seem to have better luck than you as far as getting mana screwed :p

knock on wood

It was baffling. The scenario I posted above happened a couple of different times and I honestly can't imagine shuffling that poorly...ever.

Caliane

anyone know how Allegiance is going to effect Arena? should I buy packs of something now? save gold till then?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
anyone know how Allegiance is going to effect Arena? should I buy packs of something now? save gold till then?

My buddy is saving all of his gold for new packs, so I'm doing the same. Makes sense if you wanna make moves towards longevity.