MTG: Arena

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
htr-cpkg-134
yyc=uoe9-pe5
xm8-iskx-t1t
8nr-egno-mc6

cant remember which 1 i used, but can only redeem 1 per account apparently. First come first serve, please say which one you took

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
htr-cpkg-134
yyc=uoe9-pe5
xm8-iskx-t1t
8nr-egno-mc6

cant remember which 1 i used, but can only redeem 1 per account apparently. First come first serve, please say which one you took

used xm8-iskx-t1t , thanks bottom one seems used too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Havent played anything MtG since late 90s/early00s
I downloaded this expecting a few moments of entertainment, but ended up getting sucked in HARD. Just played for like 4 hours straight. Spent $4.99 on that one time deal and burned my PlayRavnica code. Got daily quests cleared up to the point where it's 50gold per win.

Running a black/white life leech/healing deck. Need to figure out what late game/high mana cards to stick in, tho, I seem to only win if I win quickly, which is a bit counterintuitive for a healing deck...

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Havent played anything MtG since late 90s/early00s
I downloaded this expecting a few moments of entertainment, but ended up getting sucked in HARD. Just played for like 4 hours straight. Spent $4.99 on that one time deal and burned my PlayRavnica code. Got daily quests cleared up to the point where it's 50gold per win.

Running a black/white life leech/healing deck. Need to figure out what late game/high mana cards to stick in, tho, I seem to only win if I win quickly, which is a bit counterintuitive for a healing deck...
Same here, the only thing thats odd is having to deal with land/mana issues again. It feels so out of place having played other online games.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Decided to give this a shot since the latest hearthstone expansion is crap.

It has sucked me in pretty hard too. This fills that void nicely. For anyone who maybe hasn't played mtg or is considering giving this a shot I'll say games have been pretty even. My first ladder games were all mirrors, I did do a free arena type event over the weekend where it seemed like I went up against some whales, but I also had just started playing and didn't craft any cards yet or anything. And I still felt like i had a chance in most of those games.
In this game you get different rarity wild cards as random cards and on pity timer you can use to create cards you want. I just used the majority of my wild cards at the end of last night to make a try hard deck. I'm going to see how it fairs against other try hard decks in the arena type event going on now and let yall know how it goes.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I find myself enjoying this game. Is that wrong????

I do not agree with Format(Draft, Sealed) packs not advancing the wild card meter but I have really enjoyed the play aspect. I broke down and spent the 4.99. So far the game plays nice and smooth. While I did not miss the need for mana, I sure as hell do not miss the randomness of Hearthstone. Mana frustration is pretty easy to accept in a loss as long as the deck is built right. Having a player bust a nut because of random is a LOT more frustrating.

• 1Solidarity

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
If anyone else has a pre-release Sealed code let me know, I've been enjoying this - scratching the itch Hearthstone could never quite reach.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I find myself enjoying this game. Is that wrong????

I do not agree with Format(Draft, Sealed) packs not advancing the wild card meter but I have really enjoyed the play aspect. I broke down and spent the 4.99. So far the game plays nice and smooth. While I did not miss the need for mana, I sure as hell do not miss the randomness of Hearthstone. Mana frustration is pretty easy to accept in a loss as long as the deck is built right. Having a player bust a nut because of random is a LOT more frustrating.

Technically they can advance the wild card meter some in the "Vault" meter, once you hit 4 copies of a card the old vault meter tracks in the background and once it hits 100% you get a mess of wild cards. (1M,2R,3U I think?)

Regardless with the winnings packs still counting towards it after the event is over, there's always effectively some normal two wheel meter progress as well. But don't think those 5th+ copies you're drafting/etc don't add towards a WC meter.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Installed this. Bought the 5 dollar pack. Did the opening quest series. Played against people for three games. First two I started each game with two land cards and never drew another, third game I started with 3 land cards and drew another 4 in a row. I haven't had this much fun uninstalling a game since FFXIV.

• 6Salty
  • 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I understand. The most frustrating part of Magic is the mana source requirement. It is a major reason I enjoyed Hearthstone. Having played about 50 games now with Magic Arena, I can honestly say that the card shuffler seems pretty good to me. There were times that I swore that Hearthstone's shuffler felt off. I have not had that feeling with this game. I do occasionally still get screwed but it is not that often. I play a two color deck and rarely have issues with it as far as mana is concerned. I do not keep 2 or 5+ mana hands unless I have a bunch of 1-2 cost to go with the 2 mana hand. I am also weary of keeping a hand with a single color and will not if I have no spells to go with it. Keeping to that formula usually works for me.

I am enjoying this game so far but I need to jump into a draft and try it out. I have been playing a lot of games just to get the feel for the system and the game.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not that I have found. It would be silly for them not to add one but who knows. If they do, I also hope they add a way to duel a player on the friend's list.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
No social features yet. Game is nowhere near ready for an "open beta", but Artifact launches this month so here we are...

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Speaking of October release...Gwent! The card game that (mostly)hates RNG and is quite generous with card packs. They are finally releasing the game later this month along with a substantial makeover. Looks promising.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not that I have found. It would be silly for them not to add one but who knows. If they do, I also hope they add a way to duel a player on the friend's list.

I've gotten the impression the lack of social features is intentional - trolling on other MTG online products has been pretty harsh and something that they've complained about the resource cost in policing before.