MTG: Arena

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Any tips for this build? Finally had some decent cards to build a White deck without blowing my wad on wildcards.

4 Ajani's Welcome (M19) 6
20 Plains (RIX) 192
3 Unbreakable Formation (RNA) 29
2 Ixalan's Binding (XLN) 17
4 Leonin Vanguard (M19) 22
4 Impassioned Orator (RNA) 12
2 Baffling End (RIX) 1
4 Ajani's Pridemate (WAR) 4
4 Gideon's Company (WAR) 268
2 Conclave Tribunal (GRN) 6
4 Leonin Warleader (M19) 23
4 Revitalize (M19) 35
3 Resplendent Angel (M19) 34

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm keeping it for now, I'm going to hold onto an entire set of alternates.

I'll let you know when I get a second one. Won't come cheap though, they're worth a fortune.

Supposedly they are going to be putting those Japanese versions in the U.S. showdown promo packs that are coming with Core 2020 pre-release stuff.

Universal Promo Packs—With War of the Spark Japanese-Only Planeswalkers

One of the major innovations of the new WPN is the advent of the universal Promo Pack. You’ll receive an allocation of Promo Packs based on the Tickets and Engaged Players you accumulated between May 13, 2018 and May 13, 2019.

Within each Promo Pack there are four card slots:

• A promo-stamped rare or mythic rare from the most recent set.
  • A promo-stamped rare or mythic rare from a short, curated list. (These lists will be public.)*
  • A promo-stamped alternate art basic land.
  • A promo card.
*Best asterisk ever: one in four Promo Packs will include a War of the Spark Japanese alternate-art planeswalker card, previously found only in Japanese War of the Spark booster packs. (The alt-art planeswalker will replace the rare or mythic in slot two.)

Two quick reminders before we move on. One: Buy-a-Box promos remain stand-alone cards, and you'll get an allocation based on Tickets and Engaged Players. Two: one in four Promo Packs will include all foil contents. (The packs will be clearly identifiable from the packaging.)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Supposedly they are going to be putting those Japanese versions in the U.S. showdown promo packs that are coming with Core 2020 pre-release stuff.

Universal Promo Packs—With War of the Spark Japanese-Only Planeswalkers

One of the major innovations of the new WPN is the advent of the universal Promo Pack. You’ll receive an allocation of Promo Packs based on the Tickets and Engaged Players you accumulated between May 13, 2018 and May 13, 2019.

Within each Promo Pack there are four card slots:

• A promo-stamped rare or mythic rare from the most recent set.
  • A promo-stamped rare or mythic rare from a short, curated list. (These lists will be public.)*
  • A promo-stamped alternate art basic land.
  • A promo card.
*Best asterisk ever: one in four Promo Packs will include a War of the Spark Japanese alternate-art planeswalker card, previously found only in Japanese War of the Spark booster packs. (The alt-art planeswalker will replace the rare or mythic in slot two.)

Two quick reminders before we move on. One: Buy-a-Box promos remain stand-alone cards, and you'll get an allocation based on Tickets and Engaged Players. Two: one in four Promo Packs will include all foil contents. (The packs will be clearly identifiable from the packaging.)

At a 1/4 chance, and only if you win a promo pack, and with Lili being mythic, you have a roughly 1/102312315626 chance to get one ;)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
At a 1/4 chance, and only if you win a promo pack, and with Lili being mythic, you have a roughly 1/102312315626 chance to get one ;)

Oh yeah, they will still be rare. I was just saying there may be more ways for you to grab some.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Hey who the fuck in here says deck matching doesn't happen ranked trad constructed?

Wasn't there like 2 or 3 people swearing by it? Did wotc say that?

I made a way off meta burn deck to test it out and i'm hitting 95% fucking jank and other off meta decks. I think out of 15 games i've hit 1 gruul 1 esper and maybe 2 grixis control. The rest is goofy shit.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Hey who the fuck in here says deck matching doesn't happen ranked trad constructed?

I made a way off meta burn deck to test it out and i'm hitting 95% fucking jank and other off meta decks. I think out of 15 games i've hit 1 gruul 1 esper and maybe 2 grixis control. The rest is goofy shit.

People are still fucking around with decks. Even in just normal play it's been hard to guess what people are playing atm.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

You're starting to understand.

Soon you may figure out the extreme levels that wotc has taken to rig mtga.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Went 3-0 and 3-0 at FNM last night and picked up two sweet, sweet, Dovin's Veto promos.

New deck is pretty good. 4 Duress and 4 Drill Bit are making the combo/control players cry.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Went 3-0 and 3-0 at FNM last night and picked up two sweet, sweet, Dovin's Veto promos.

New deck is pretty good. 4 Duress and 4 Drill Bit are making the combo/control players cry.

I use those and burglar rats when i mess with my mono black deck.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Thanks a_skeleton_02 for posting Phoenix deck - I had one from last season and was able to half ass make his with a few variations. So far so good. Only thing that is shit stomping me is rdw. I’m guessing you just have to mulligan to try and get shocks/bolts for the first wave or you lose?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Completed my alternate planeswalker set today with trading for Gideon \o/ Probably going to hang onto one of everything, but I have doubles/triples/quads of almost everything.

I think I'll take a vacation to Australia end of the month and trade my extras away for ridiculous amounts of cool stuff.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Thanks a_skeleton_02 for posting Phoenix deck - I had one from last season and was able to half ass make his with a few variations. So far so good. Only thing that is shit stomping me is rdw. I’m guessing you just have to mulligan to try and get shocks/bolts for the first wave or you lose?

You are playing BO3 right?

If agaisnt agro focus in digging for shocks and bolts and don't be afraid to throw out pheonix or shaleei for blockers.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I feel like unless I take out steam lvl 2 I lose, so I'm usually going mulligan for shock or losing, but maybe I can try to stick it out a little bit and use those body shields until I can get Sha + a spell or 2.

I didn't have Kef God or Finale, but subbed in Electrodominance for Finale and its been half ass ok.

Last edited:

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I tried your deck once a_skeleton_02...The person I was playing played a turn 3 Kaya in all 3 games and I wanted to scream. I really should try it again.