MTG: Arena

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Got Gideon from War of the Spark (already had 4 of), the G/W instant with convoke that makes 1/1 lifelinkers (had 1), and Flipper Bolas. Felt meh to me I know all 3 are solid cards.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I love this format.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the draft and I hate it at the same time. I felt strong on my first turn laying down 2 big creatures with a spell to pump them on my next turn. Then my opponent on their first turn laid down the Liliana....

I like a lot of the new flavor stuff coming. Will be interesting to see how the reward system works based on cost. I do not envy their predicament with set rotation. Hearthstone dealt with that nicely with dusting.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It amazes me that they make so much money off of Magic but they won't put any effort into making their presentations look professional at all. This shit barely looks half-assed.

Simply making me not want to punch the person talking would be an improvement.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The interesting bit was still the new "Season Pass" mechanic. Looks like they're copying more standard F2P mechanisms. I haven't understood all of it. Apparently, you have... two season pass levels already?

- Free pass = earn packs of current expansion every 2 levels (this sounds like a better deal than the old model if your win/loss ratio is abysmal, like all F2P newbs without much of a collection - since you do get some XP even on a loss)
- Standard season pass = earn packs every 2 levels, earn orbs every 10 to unlock rewards on the Mastery track you purchased
- Premium season pass = earn packs of every standard expansion, orbs, gold, alternative art, individual cards, or gems every level

Am I correct?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
It amazes me that they make so much money off of Magic but they won't put any effort into making their presentations look professional at all. This shit barely looks half-assed.

They are known to pay abysmal wages, using the argument "you get to work on your passion".

Can't recall ever seeing a competent WoTC spokesperson.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
The list is literally just Mark Rosewater.

It makes me wonder if he has ever realized he is surrounded by bumbling idiots. Of course it must be hard to meet the "equal opportunity" quota's along while paying minimum wage.

His "20 years, 20 lessons" presentation was very good, stark contrast with everything else.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I like God Eternal Kefnet quite a bit, but can't find a good deck that mainboards him. HMMmmm...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
Only thing that does not have me hating the 'battle pass' is that you can buy it late in the season and get the rewards that you have missed. So you can decide if it is worth getting before it swaps to the next expansion.