MTG thread

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
My personal favorite is Captain Sisay and utility legends that ends in Elesh Norn and green Kamahl animating lands to their death.

rad

Lord of Guk
I had a really nasty game against a Sisay deck that amounted to him controling so brutally well with Gaddock Teeg that it inspired me to make a G/W Knight/Soldier Angel deck with him at the helm. I'm a sucker for theme decks, I find it makes EDH a little more interesting than just min/max-tutor-infinite-combo-out.

rad

Lord of Guk
Thanks for the correction, didn't catch that. Exactly, I viewed him as the EDH police, as soon as he resolved people gettin locked the fuck up. Did make for some interesting 5 on 1 Archenemy.

Sterling

El Presidente
Commander for me serves a weird niche. In general I'm an Ultra-competitive type player particularly liking limited formats. At the same time I have some nostalgia for things from the past that I used to play and pile that on with a general lack of eternal formats around here Commander is where I get to play with some old sweet cards along side some of the new ones. Snapcaster Mage trigger targetting Fact or Fiction? Don't mind if I do! That being said Commander here tends to be fairly brutal combo fests which isn't for everyone. Games end with Tooth and Nails getting infinite combos and Teferi nonsense with Knowledge Pools and things of that nature.

My biggest issue with the format is that it's multiplayer generally which makes the skillset very different and quite meta. I hate that if you're playing a 4 player game and 3 people decide you're going to lose, you almost assuredly are going to. With that in mind I tend to like that Commander events only happen about once a month with far more Limited and Standard events as the normal formats. Hopefully with the reprinting of Shocklands and the upcoming Modern Masters we'll be able to get people into Modern as well.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've been looking into possibly getting into modern,but i had traded off my zend fetch's and thats just a curbstomp to the groin
so now im at a loss for what to play

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
Friend suggested i play mono white equip
i mean its not a bad idea either i suppose, you have leonin shakari, and puresteel, and Mirran crusaders, and some other very choice guys that can hold Swords of (insert flavor here) and the dagger is even solid on a doublestriker, im just unsure if monowhite is worth playing in modern or not

nurdi_sl

shitlord
So I've recently been playing quite a few games with my brother over the past few days since we're both home for the holidays and I swear to god - exalted deck is unbelievably hard to beat. I ended up building an instant/sorcery X dmg red and blue deck to finally do it, but my god.

I'm still pretty new to the game so my deck is pretty limited but if you have any tips for beating him let me know. He usually runs white or white/blue.

Sterling

El Presidente
Friend suggested i play mono white equip
i mean its not a bad idea either i suppose, you have leonin shakari, and puresteel, and Mirran crusaders, and some other very choice guys that can hold Swords of (insert flavor here) and the dagger is even solid on a doublestriker, im just unsure if monowhite is worth playing in modern or not
Seems like it would struggle with the fast combo decks. Also heavy removal attrition decks like Jund likely would be tough, not to mention you'd take splash damage from sideboards that are geared to beat robots. Just seems like it wouldn't be positioned too well, unless I'm just flat out missing something.

Sterling

El Presidente
So I've recently been playing quite a few games with my brother over the past few days since we're both home for the holidays and I swear to god - exalted deck is unbelievably hard to beat. I ended up building an instant/sorcery X dmg red and blue deck to finally do it, but my god.

I'm still pretty new to the game so my deck is pretty limited but if you have any tips for beating him let me know. He usually runs white or white/blue.
Sounds like you just need some removal. Sweepers are awesome for this. Not sure what sort of format you're playing but things that kill multiple creatures at once would go a long ways toward winning these sorts of matchups.

ood_sl

shitlord
New Mechanic for GTC

rrr_img_5085.jpg

rrr_img_5086.jpg

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I don't know what the meta looks like these days, but it doesn't seem worth it in constructed, especially with equipments being pretty common. For limited? fuck yeah!

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
ahaha, so the mechanic that a guy submitted in his designs during the last great designer search got used for Simic, awesome!

The devs all had commented that they loved his mechanic (evolve) when they saw it in his card designs, I knew they'd use it and/or a variation at some point, just never guessed they'd copy/paste it word for word in a new set.