MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
MTGO is awesome as someone who is generally a completionist. It's way cheaper to assemble complete sets of a new expansion on MTGO than it is live, and then you can just convert it to real cards if you don't much care to play modern/legacy on MTGO.

There are some oddities though, like, any staple mythic has a decent chance of being *more* expensive on MTGO than live.

That, and any Red Deck Wins card.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
So I started to get into MTGO by doing some RTR drafts (4,3,2,2) and using that to get more tickets / cards to try and build a decent collection. It helped that I drafted a Sphinx's Revalation etc. Now I will say that MTGO trading system is fucking TERRIBLE! Trying to figure it out with the bots and doing searching for the right price etc., should not be this hard in 2012. Has there been any talk of them going to an ingame auction house / ebay type system like MMOs or am I stuck with the shitty system?

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
So I started to get into MTGO by doing some RTR drafts (4,3,2,2) and using that to get more tickets / cards to try and build a decent collection. It helped that I drafted a Sphinx's Revalation etc. Now I will say that MTGO trading system is fucking TERRIBLE! Trying to figure it out with the bots and doing searching for the right price etc., should not be this hard in 2012. Has there been any talk of them going to an ingame auction house / ebay type system like MMOs or am I stuck with the shitty system?
MODO trading is just shitty. I don't even know if they changed it in the beta of their new interface. WOTC seems to not care all that much about how shitty the interface is for their online system. The best way to sell is to just know a few of the bots that you want to sell to and just go right to them instead of using the classifieds.

The supernova bots are usually good
http://www.supernovabots.com/

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
While moving things around the house I had all my MTG stuff in one place for a change. FFS I need to trim this down some...

wsx9jEdbcu.jpg

TJwgMmtq5o.jpg

ogx9NqyjVf.jpg

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
SCG Invitational was this weekend. Watched it on and off again on Twitch. Really liked the Kibler G/B deck and it's cheap (under $200) so I bought it for FNM in January.

Lord13yron

Trakanon Raider
I have been playing magic almost since the beginning and still play every week. The game is awesome and just keeps getting better. I am loving Return to Ravnica so far. It's really fun to draft.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I wish they didn't butcher their online client from 2.5 -> 3. It made me stop playing since it made large multi player games a bad experience UI wise. Has anyone tried the beta for the new client for multiplayer games that also played the original? I'm wondering if there has been any improvement in this area.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
While moving things around the house I had all my MTG stuff in one place for a change. FFS I need to trim this down some...

wsx9jEdbcu.jpg

TJwgMmtq5o.jpg

ogx9NqyjVf.jpg
Feel free to send it to me, I lost most of my old stuff in the flood in 2010. :/

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I wish they didn't butcher their online client from 2.5 -> 3. It made me stop playing since it made large multi player games a bad experience UI wise.
The new client is in open beta. It has its own problems, but it looks nicer.

Sterling

El Presidente
I play both paper and MODO. Prefer to play paper, but I do like the convenience of MODO. That random assortment of boosters is pretty sweet btw.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
The new client is in open beta. It has its own problems, but it looks nicer.
ok I just watched a game in progress for MP. It is a nice improvement over the old client. The 'auto' sizing of cards still looks like it needs some work which probably won't happen. I see a lot of wasted space that could be used if it arranged the cards a bit better. It may be enough of an improvement for me to play again =p

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
I enjoy the cardboard version of MtG, haven't really gotten all that sucked into the online version. The game is a lot more interesting now than I remember it being in my childhood. It seems like a good outlet for competitive tendencies while still getting out and being a bit social.

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Feel free to send it to me, I lost most of my old stuff in the flood in 2010. :/
I have nightmares like that, what did you lose? I know I am short cards because I never took care of them way back when. An LED and 2-3 bazaars I can?t find for sure, no idea what else.

...That random assortment of boosters is pretty sweet btw.
Yeah I just added a few older packs to that pile today. The fat pack boxes full of packs in the other pic are 6 man drafts waiting for a steady play group. Need to figure out if I want to use the light trick to see what?s in the Revised, AN, and other old packs. Kinda cool not knowing but any loose pack is assumed searched already.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I have nightmares like that, what did you lose?
Pretty much everything that wasn't my duals and my FoWs which were in a box in a trunk upstairs. But then I sold them because I needed the money to fix the heat and replace the washer and dryer.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
Jor kadeen
Mimeoplasm
and a anti blue mono red deck for a grugde match that ive yeto to do

rad

Lord of Guk
Righto, do you tend to theme out your decks or min/max?

Jhoria artifact/golem deck is one of my favorites, nothing like a 6CC Blightsteel with haste.
Rakdos (Lord of Riots) Red/Black mana ramp and land destruction is enjoyable (for you).
Grand Arbiter lockdown with junk tokens and artifacts (swords, etc)
Experiment Kraj
Sliver Overlord - Slivers (5 colors)
Child of Alara (or Proto) Allys - This lately has been completely owning our playgroup, super nasty.
Uril the Mistwalker - Naya enchantments

And if you're feeling like being a dick:

Zur the Enchanter - I actually just took this deck apart because it was too much own. (Corruption + Bitterblossom)