MTG thread

Sterling

El Presidente
Mulligan rule should be fine. It might cause people to mulligan slightly more aggressively or play 26 lands instead of 27 or something but I wonder what sort of percentage bump in wins off mulls will happen. My guess it won't be very big but enough to be noticeable if parsed out. Also wonder how many people will keep dogshit hands and get punished.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They've got numbers on the amount of impact a single mulligan has on the outcomes of a game of Magic and it's probably a lot. It's probably too much for a game that takes takes itself as seriously as Magic does and with Hearthstone eating up market share they have real pressure to start reevaluating their product. The mana system and the mulligan rules arefossils.There's nothing to be done about lands but you can certainly take another look at mulligans.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
All untapped cards in play must face the controller of that card.
So are they going to warn Elves players for flipping Wirewood Symbiote/Quirion Ranger after using it for the turn? Because that would be hilarious.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Get some [EXHAUSTED] counters to track game state
smile.png

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I want to see some "lands in front" asshole tears now.
I've played since revised, 6 nr dci, always played lands in front.

I play show & tell and lands mostly, so not like it matters much.

Still pretty unhappy, just used to it. Sorry to hear you mad on a forum though, noone was ever bothered by it IRL to the point where they mentioned it.

Yeah it's a huge boost to combo and a smaller boost to hyper aggressive decks like burn or affinity. And it's therefore pretty much a nerf to control decks.
Anything that results in less miracles play is awesome by default. Except if it encourages high tide.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But if you're playing legacy dredge any kind of mulligan prevents you from glorious turn 1 draw-discard!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That's not really a synergy.

Pretty huge synergy with Whisperwood Elemental. Turn your shitty 2/2 land-manfests into real creatures.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Evolutionary Leap requires you to sac creatures. It puts the new creature into your hand, not into play.

They're not even remotely similar cards.