MTG thread

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Evolutionary Leap is really nice for Sultai Reanimator strategies. I'm surprised that it will actually let you get a real card for sacrificing tokens. Also a good way to flip your Lili if you are into that sort of thing.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Awful lot of cards in Origins that look sorta close to broken things of the past, but probably won't play out that way.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Evolutionary Leap is going to be a tits commander card with Ghave/Marath. Sac cheap tokens to draw more dudes? Sure!

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I don't care if it is terrible, I am going to be working on the 8 seismic assault 4 treasure hunt 4 life from the loam deck for the next month in modern.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah I think Origins is going to be a fun set overall. Lots of potential shenanigans that will be interesting to see.

Like that Telepath card, it is all over the place conceptually but I just don't think it's as broken as I initially thought.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I think Origins is going to be a fun set overall. Lots of potential shenanigans that will be interesting to see.

Like that Telepath card, it is all over the place conceptually but I just don't think it's as broken as I initially thought.
Mirrors between decks running it as a 4x would be absolutely hilarious.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Every day brings out new spoilers I absolutely fucking love. Magmatic insight is better than I ever dreamed they'd print.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there - or does someone here - have a breakdown of what the Origins set is all about? I see a lot of names from the Theros block, but also plenty of stuff from other sets. Is it just a mish-mash of shit? What's the theme?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It's in the name dude. It's the origin stories of a lot of the core planeswalkers and other characters. They also pushed some cards from Theros to Origins so it's got a little Theros flair and seems enchantment heavy.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Each of the 10 Color Combinations was planned to primarily represent a different Plane theme, but there's bleed-over into other colors in the final arrangement.

B/U: Innistrad
B/R: Regatha
B/G: Lorwyn
B/W: Dominaria (GET IT, BLACK AND WHITE, OLD TIMEY)
U/R: Kaladesh (Steampunk India)
U/G: Ravnica
U/W: Vryn (Scotland with Stargates)
R/G: Zendikar
R/W: Theros
G/W: Bant

Beyond planar-dabbling, they're also making a lot of cards that are "reworks" of classic cards, like Days Undoing (Timetwister) and Evolutionary Leap (Survival of the Fittest), as well as cards tied to individual planeswalker background stories.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I love how Origins has this massive enchantment sub-theme that makes Theros look silly by comparison.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, different design team, different intended power-level for the set. Theros was supposed to be a power reset, but people did not respond well to it.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
It wasn't the power level, it was the boring mechanics. Devotion was fine. Tribute and Inspired were just awful.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Inspire needed an Opposition/Glare of Subdual style enchantment
biggrin.png