MTG thread

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Rally guy isn't a bad player, I think he's 15th or so on the SCG leaderboard. That deck had a pile of interactions so you could see him learning on the fly.

Sterling

El Presidente
It seems like a deck most people would need a bunch of reps with to be proficient at. That said, that guy was making tons of mechanical errors. It was pretty awful.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Agree, milling yourself out during your upkeep and dying on your draw in a won game is a bad look.
smile.png

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Milling himself before the draw phase on camera when he had the game in the bag .....

/beatentoit

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It was also amusing watching him get 100% hard-countered by Hoogland's deck. Colorless Creatures, instant-speed Wraths, and Counterspells hoooooo.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like what Jeff does and often play decks similar to the ones he champions, interacting with him in person is a not a pleasant experience.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like what Jeff does and often play decks similar to the ones he champions, interacting with him in person is a not a pleasant experience.
Could definitely tell that might be the case when he threw a card across the table in his top8 loss. Douchenozzle.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Been reading reddit about the changes to the MTGO payouts etc.

I might build a deck to grind with on there, seems like as long as prices stay pretty stable you can come close to infinite matches at the 52% win mark.

Sterling

El Presidente
Been reading reddit about the changes to the MTGO payouts etc.

I might build a deck to grind with on there, seems like as long as prices stay pretty stable you can come close to infinite matches at the 52% win mark.
It depends on what the new system does to the price of packs. It will work out that you need to go 3-1 every 2 or 3 dailies to go infinite. Pack price will determine where in that it falls. The sort of weird thing is the points are bound to your account so unless they add something to do with surplus points there will be people accumulating tons of them.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It depends on what the new system does to the price of packs. It will work out that you need to go 3-1 every 2 or 3 dailies to go infinite. Pack price will determine where in that it falls. The sort of weird thing is the points are bound to your account so unless they add something to do with surplus points there will be people accumulating tons of them.
Yeah the playing is what I want to do in order to practice new decks and just skill overall. I am not a terrible player but I need more practice against specific archetypes to be able to spot a combo coming and make the right decision.

Sterling

El Presidente
In general, decks are way cheaper online than in paper magic. The expensive cards are still pretty expensive, but a lot of the random playable rares that cost 3-5 dollars in paper are really cheap online. Plus you can play other formats online like Pauper and Momir. Momir is random enough even being good at magic won't get your winrate super high but it's a fun time waster.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
He was trying to windmill it and goofed it. People love to ascribe all sorts of drama to video coverage.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya, I think so too. Jeff gets a little salty when he loses, but I've never seen him be a complete ass to an opponent. My issue is that he's cocky as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Does anyone know of a good place to get some art done for a custom playmat? Would do it but I no longer have photoshop and its been a while since I've even done anything on it.

Sterling

El Presidente
That's the natural state for MtG players as long as I've been around them.
It's very common on the grinder level. Less common at the lower levels or the highest levels. I mean there's douches at all levels of course just it seems like it seems most common a the good, not great level.