MTG thread

Dedface_sl

shitlord
Can any of you find a high res picture of Silence the Believers? I have searched far and wide, but to no avail. Slawomir Maniak is the artist, and I've found quite a few of his other works, but never Silence the Believers. I would really like to get it printed on a play mat. Was hoping to useInked Gamingif any of you know anything about them, or know anyone who has dealt with them I'd really like to hear about that too.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
While I have never and probably will never interact with Hoogland he seems like just an asshole. I loved watching him play legacy at opens because he played decks I found interesting but listening to him on twitch made it clear he wasn't the most personable. Also the time he tried to time Joe Lossett when both were streaming was such a twat move.

Edit: I also agree I don't think he threw the card he was just being silly with a windmill slam and fucked it up.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Hoogland seems like the kind of guy who let a little bit of Internet fame in a very narrow context go to his head. There are a lot of pro players who can't handle being the popular guy at events because they were always the wallflowers. They don't know how to project confidence, so they just end up assholes.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Who has a big library that wants to loan me a deck to generate some points and stuff with the new changes. We can work out collateral if you want.

Or someone want to family discount me a deck so I can get started?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Of course.

I actually sold off a ton of stuff and a ton of tickets in case shit goes south. I might have actually sold too many tickets, because now I don't have enough to do a big buy-in when the market hits bottom.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Wait, what're we talking about again?
I want to borrow a good deck or two to generate some tickets and then switch to supporting myself.

This deck looks fun, I don't play Modern and if I can build a couple of these fun decks maybe I will.Budget Magic: $72 (17 tix) Modern Simic Evolve

I will probably try to spend more to fix the land issue. Any suggestions on what to pop in there that won't break the bank and will be good lands to have permanently? I will do it on MTGO not paper.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Generating a sizable profit on MTGO with the ORI prerelease - in 3 so far opened a Jace, 2 Archangel of Tithes, and 2 Liliana (one foil) - profiting each time before even my first match, heh.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Agree, the best format featured by the best commentators.

(I super enjoy the eternal format vs standard argument so come at me bro.
smile.png
)

I played Hoogland's UW Thopter deck last night at FNM. It had great game vs Abzan and GR devotion. Spy Network is Bitterblossom with no life cost + personal Howling Mine. However, being a 27 land control deck, I did have issues with monoR goblin tokens. I know I sideboarded all wrong so gotta do some testing to figure out my game 2 plan.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Agree, the best format featured by the best commentators.

(I super enjoy the eternal format vs standard argument so come at me bro.
smile.png
)
I'll watch standard if it's on, I just get bored with it quickly. I much prefer formats where playing to the stack is a viable path to victory. It's much more interesting to watch on camera.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Azn Weeaboo Fightan Cards kids are where a lot of that seems to come from. Pretty much every YGO=>Magic Convert I've met posts their decklists as pictures-of-the-splayed-cards.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The Azn Weeaboo Fightan Cards kids are where a lot of that seems to come from. Pretty much every YGO=>Magic Convert I've met posts their decklists as pictures-of-the-splayed-cards.
Yeah the FOW kids are bad about that and how shiny the cards are for the rares makes it just unreadable!!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm 95% confident that Modern singles have hit bottom on MTGO.

If someone wants to make a whole lot of money with me, PM me.