MTG thread

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Says they've sold 430!!

Edit: Literally reloaded right after I posted this and it was gone. Sold out after 431 it appears. I wonder what was up with that. Probably could have sold them almost as fast even at $55. Free shipping too. What a boss. Purchase history shows that most people bought just 1. Only a few people bought 10+ of them with the highest number being 19.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Shit, I shouldn't have gotten greedy and just bought the first 2 I had in my cart.

Sterling

El Presidente
I have no idea, but like, should I just try to buy 10 of them? lol
Depends on how much you care about the lands. You could conceivably sit on some for awhile, they'll eventually be fairly spendy. It will be a long time and maybe it won't ever get to the point where these lands get to the 1-2 dollars the old Zen basics are at.

Sterling

El Presidente
Not a huge surprise. Still have no idea how they didn't think these would be super popular this go around. They could have allocated twice as much to all the stores and they'd all still be sold out.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I just bought 3x packs of lands for 60 dollars total. 25 cents a land, seems good.

Sterling

El Presidente
I just bought 3x packs of lands for 60 dollars total. 25 cents a land, seems good.
Yeah I sell them at 25 cents each myself and we've sold a bunch. Honestly the guy in the video earlier was right, I'd be better off just busting open any fatpacks I could get and just selling the contents separately.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
Did my first draft last night. It was fun! I really like the format, even though I still suck at Magic. I think my deck was pretty solid, but I did not win any rounds because my performance still sucks...I can't seem to get the tempo right for the type of deck. Either I'm too passive early, or I come out blazing, get the opponent down to 5 or less, and then stall. I did get a solid win against an Ally deck when I got one of the big Processors out. I am starting to think that with BFZ, playing the Eldrazi style with drones to manage blocking early and then playing the big monsters in the late game is the way to go. Every game I watched with the exception of one won in that fashion.

Sterling

El Presidente

Sterling

El Presidente
Sealed.. so easy to cheat..
At competative REL different people register the pool vs who builds and plays the deck so it makes it more difficult to cheat. Of course there will be some amount of cheating still, but there's plenty of cheating in constructed as well.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Such a good change. I hated doing a flight where there were no deck lists or you could just fill it out yourself. I had so many players that I KNEW were using cards from a previous flight. Oh, really, you have 2 Oonas and two Black/Blue Lieges? Interesting... The bigger flights like ones in London often had you open a deck of sealed and then write it all down and pass it to your left. That helped immensely and made it almost impossible to cheat. This is a bit faster I think and even more reliable.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's that time again, looking for a bunch of funds for a big MODO spec buy.