MTG thread

Simas_sl

shitlord
I bet they're real, and I don't think it will take that much in the way of rule changes if it works like I expect. Right now, gaining one colorless mana and paying one mana of any color are represented by the same symbol: 1. When a land says tap for 1 it means add one colorless mana to your pool. When a spell costs 1UU it means it costs two blue mana and one mana of any color or one colorless mana. The new symbol allows for a distinction between colorless mana and mana of any color. That allows for situations where <>(colorless) must be paid. I think all the old lands that tap to add one colors will be ret-coned to read tap to add <>, and <> will be used going forward in future sets. If it works like that there's not really much the change. Add the <> basic land to lists of basics and call it a day.

Maybe people will start referring to Affinity, Tron, and MUD as <> Robots, <> Ramp, and <> Prison. Diamond Ramp sounds way cooler than Tron.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Why are the colorless mana symbol (e.g. "add {1}...
This tweet lends credence to the idea that <> is the new colorless mana symbol, and that (#) in spell mana costs will be slightly reworded in its rulebook description.

I'd find it much more interesting, and in-theme for the Eldrazi, if <> wasn't actually mana at all, and couldn't be used to pay the colorless portion of spells, just <> costs. Would fit with the 'weirdness' theme they like for Eldrazi. Casting a creature from Outside the Multiverse using Not-Mana.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I wonder how this will balance out the crazy prices for lands. I bet it won't make any change at all. Sad that so much of a standard deck right now is spent on land.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
this seems most unlikely to be a real thing

pretty dumb if it is

I wonder how this will balance out the crazy prices for lands. I bet it won't make any change at all. Sad that so much of a standard deck right now is spent on land.
tabernacle will be erratad so it can only be payed with the new kind of colorless mana

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
tabernacle will be erratad so it can only be payed with the new kind of colorless mana
This would be an absurd increase to an already extremely powerful card.
tongue.png

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Add the <> basic land to lists of basics and call it a day.
If these are legit, then Wastes isn't going to change the basic land types. Check your current lands, they read Basic Land - Forest. If Wastes is just Basic Land, all that really means you can have as many as you want for deck construction. I think.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How to Trigger Oversensitive People on Reddit Using Playtest Cards From The Mid 90s:
rrr_img_116263.png

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Time to do a lengthy writeup on this and post it on reddit.

After I buy up a bunch and watch the sheep raise its price based on nothing but thin air and speculation.
Heh. Tabernacle already costs $700-800 for an english copy. Have fun cornering that market.
wink.png

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Damn me for not knowing the staples!!
Damn me for not knowing the staples!!
It's really not even a staple. It's the cornerstone of one very specific legacy deck, and sees a fair amount of vintage play. The price is heavily dependent on being a rare in one of the largest and least printed sets of all time, from early in the game's history when people simply did not take care of cards. There aren't too many more copies of Legends cards out there than unlimited, so supply is reasonably close to the same as power.

Speaking of which, GP Atlanta was super fucking kind to me. Say what you want about SCG prices, but they take care of their customers. On Sunday at the GP, they had a fire sale where all vintage and legacy stock was 15% off for an hour. Not only did they honor that price for me when I was able to take a lunch break later in the day, but they also refunded me 15% on the price of my Lotus and Walk I had bought the day prior. Over $700 in credit returned. I went ahead and picked up my last two Moxes at below market prices *plus* the refunded credit. Ended up leaving with four pieces of power for a weekend of work.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It's really not even a staple. It's the cornerstone of one very specific legacy deck, and sees a fair amount of vintage play. The price is heavily dependent on being a rare in one of the largest and least printed sets of all time, from early in the game's history when people simply did not take care of cards. There aren't too many more copies of Legends cards out there than unlimited, so supply is reasonably close to the same as power.

Speaking of which, GP Atlanta was super fucking kind to me. Say what you want about SCG prices, but they take care of their customers. On Sunday at the GP, they had a fire sale where all vintage and legacy stock was 15% off for an hour. Not only did they honor that price for me when I was able to take a lunch break later in the day, but they also refunded me 15% on the price of my Lotus and Walk I had bought the day prior. Over $700 in credit returned. I went ahead and picked up my last two Moxes at below market prices *plus* the refunded credit. Ended up leaving with four pieces of power for a weekend of work.
Damn amazing!!