MTG thread

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Heylel or other judges, trying to work through this for possiblle commander play. I have Intet, the Dreamer (only important that my color identity is Temur)

Momir Vig in play

Whenever you cast a green creature spell, you may search your library for a creature card and reveal it. If you do, shuffle your library and put that card on top of it.

Whenever you cast a blue creature spell, reveal the top card of your library. I

Cast Maelstrom Wanderer

I need to stack 4 triggers. When you cast a green, Cascade, Cascade, When you cast a blue

Sets up a creature to be cast via the Cascade, which then fires off Momir Vig again right?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
They're all your triggers, so you stack them in whatever order you want. It'll get pretty weird though.

Say you stack it like:

Cascade
Cascade
Momir green trigger
Momir blue trigger

Assume the opponent does nothing in response, so the stack resolves. You cascade and hit a green creature. Momir triggers again. Finish the cascade by randomizing the revealed portion and putting it on the bottom. Now the stack is:

Momir green trigger
Cascade
Momir green trigger
Momir blue trigger

Resolve next. You search for a green creature, reveal it, shuffle entire deck, and put it on top. Now cascade again. Assume you hit immediately, Momir triggers again. Now it's:

Momir green trigger
Momir green trigger
Momir green trigger
Momir blue trigger

So yes you get to search 3 times, but since a shuffle is part of the trigger it doesn't actually matter. You'll resolve the rest of the stack down.

If you stack it your way, the triggers will still continue to pile up. You'll just get to have a little more control over creatures you cascade into provided that you don't search up anything blue. Anything blue and you'll run into situations where a Momir blue trigger is on top of a Cascade on the stack, and you'll end up with it in hand before the Cascade resolves.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think Intet doesn't work with Momir Vig. Text is

You may play that card without paying its mana cost as long as Intet remains in play.

Playing and casting are different things right?

Sterling

El Presidente
I think Intet doesn't work with Momir Vig. Text is

You may play that card without paying its mana cost as long as Intet remains in play.

Playing and casting are different things right?
No, it's the same with obvious exception of a land.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
It's just old templating. Also, I didn't even look Intet up. You said it was only relevant to color identity.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Right, because I thought that Intet's ability + Momir Vig wouldn't interact positively. My wording was unclear. Thanks for the rules help boys.

rad

Lord of Guk
Only time you need to be concerned about that wording is if it says 'put' - that would not count as casting/playing.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Or land. Sterling is correct on that.

Gatherer is your go-to source for the correct templating on old cards.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Whenever I see these SJW drama events flare up in the mtg community it makes me consider selling my cards and bailing on the game.

Sucks to see the community slowly get infested.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Aintrazi has a bit of a rep for being a dick. He did a dumb thing and I don't mind seeing him get pilloried for it. I just dislike that he's being punished financially through loss of work. He made an incredibly bad joke by misreading a situation. Embarrassment seems like it should be enough.

rad

Lord of Guk
Embarrassment seems like it should be enough.

Not for the permanently offend crowd, there is no middle ground. Most rational people should be able to look at that situation and have a similar mindset: "Stupid move, you look like an idiot, move on" but instead the only option is to destroy in the name of progress.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
"When are we going to get more diversity in terms of ability and fat characters?"

ACTUAL QUESTION AT THE PAX PANEL.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Daretti's wheelchair-bound.

That wheelchair just happens to have mechanical spider legs.

Magic doesn't need fat characters, it has its playerbase for that.

Urza also lost his entire body, but that didn't stop him from pursuing his dream of being a giant death laser. Truly inspirational.

Last edited:

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, Kaladesh Fair Day has revealed that Magic the Gathering is now Young Jedi.

We podracin, son.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, Kaladesh Fair Day has revealed that Magic the Gathering is now Young Jedi.

We podracin, son.

I'm certainly finding the spoiled vehicles yawn-worthy in most cases. But the dwarfs and dwarf lords seem to be above the curve so far. Still, don't think there's enough there to build anything remotely competitive.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Vehicles seem severely underwhelming. The have effectively taken Mogg Flunkies and turned it into a set mechanic.