MTG thread

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah maybe im just a curmudgeonly old man but they just seem like bad equipment. Energy mechanic seems cool hopefully its on more then 6 cards.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They've spoiled some pretty good energy generators so far, so seems like there should be support enough for it for it to be competitive.

Vehicle viability is going to depend entirely on how much thopter/token generation is available I'd wager. I can't really see many scenarios where you'd be playing any of these vehicles alongside normal dorks as part of a creature plan.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Vehicles needed to be adjacent to a block with a "tapping matters" mechanic like Inspire, Lorwyn/Shadowmoor Merfolk, or the Untap-symbol-costed cards, so that it could be justified on synergy-basis.

I doubt any of them will be good enough for constructed, for the same reasons Equipment tends to shit the bed. Although I guess this has a leg up on Equipment in that, if your draw sequence puts creatures after Vehicles, you at least get to tap summoning sick creatures to activate your vehicles, vs slapping equipment on a summoning sick critter and just staring at it.

Downsides are more plentiful than upsides, though.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Panharmonicon
Artifact
If an artifact or creature entering the battlefield causes a triggered ability of a permanent you control to trigger, that ability triggers an additional time.

Does an Eternal Witness entering play "see itself" from this card and double trigger?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yer a judge Heylel, can spell queller exile the same spell it already had exiled if you blink it with essence flux, say in response to removal or something?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No.

You flicker Spell Queller. Both of its Triggered Abilities go on the stack. You must select initial targets at this point. The spell exiled by Spell Queller is not on the stack yet, just the trigger that will allow the casting of said spell, so you must select a spell that's actually on the stack (the removal spell you're responding to, for instance). Then, you'll start resolving down, which is where spell queller's LTB trigger will let them cast the spell you originally quelled and you'll counter the removal spell.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
This set is chock full of eternal potential. Most of it probably won't pan out, but cards like Inventor's Fair, Kambal, Paradoxical Outcome, and Lost Legacy have a real shot at impacting legacy and even vintage.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I find it absolutely hilarious that you can Lost Legacy yourself. GTFO Shadowborn Apostle x26~

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yes, but it thins your deck down entirely and replaces the ones you had in hand from a deck that's only land and gas :)

I'm not saying it's actually *good*, but it's amusing.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
eBay seller is trying to get out of sending my me Chandra preorder. Something tells me I'm shit out of luck.

Has anyone had to deal with eBay cancellations before?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You're shit out of luck on eBay pre-order cancellation as long as they refunded your money; all you can do is leave them a negative feedback a month later.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
You're shit out of luck on eBay pre-order cancellation as long as they refunded your money; all you can do is leave them a negative feedback a month later.

Even if I've got a screenshot of where they sold an identical item for more the same day they canceled my order?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ebay will never enforce pre-order shit like that as long as the dude refunds you.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Annoying. Welp, no more preordering on ebay I guess. I thought their customer protection was pretty strong.

Looks like all I can do is not accept his request to cancel. All he did was send me an email saying "hey I can't fill this k sorry" but he hasn't actually refunded me yet.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Their buyer protection is pretty decent yea, but it's in terms of you either getting your product or getting your money back mostly. They aren't really going to care if some dude says "oh oops I don't have enough product to fill all these, here's your money back", regardless of if he turns around and lists new auctions for more money.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
That seems pretty malicious and exploitable though. What stops someone from just listing an item twice, and then canceling the lower value sale?