MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Won the midnight. Cast Black Trial 6 times in one game in the finals. This limited is some silly shit :D

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The friend I was helping had his commons sleeved. From recent sets like SoI ...

He asked if he should sleeve the tokens from the packs also.

We barely touched the surface, he has 200 long boxes to go through.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
sounds like fun, how far back has he been playing though?
Supposedly since 98 but took a long break, he has dual lands he is going to pull out, no power 9. We just scratched the surface and are going backwards chronologically to save the good stuff for last.

Sterling

El Presidente
200 longboxes if full is 200k+ cards. Vast majority is obviously going to be bulk, but even so there's probably plenty of treasures.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
April 24, 2017 Banned and Restricted Announcement
No Standard Bans/Restrictions
No Modern Bans/Restrictions
Sensei's Divining Top banned in Legacy
Gitaxian Probe and Gush Restricted in Vintage.

Pretty huge ban for the Legacy crowd... and for the EDH crowd, since this'll mean a significant price drop on Top, which will lead to it being more common in EDH and more terrible players increasing game length by 50% as they contemplate the order of cards for 5 minutes at the end of each round.

I wonder if the guy who wrote that 300 page book about Gush Strategies is hanging himself right now.

Hitting both of Monastery Mentor's decks means there's a speculator out there crying tonight.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Went to the pre-release at SCG in Roanoke Va. Little brother has gotten heavy into Magic and asked if I would take him. I haven't really played since Kamigawa. Got my ass kicked, had fun though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Went to prerelease on Sat and won the whole thing.

Only 3 rounds, but first time in 20+ years of playing where I got first.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Hey how do i put all of these under a "spoiler" button?

wrath of god.png

discard.png

card protectors.png

counter.png

And in case you want to make your own:
2.jpg

Rerun

Molten Core Raider
Feels pretty good never taking the time to convert my American delver into miracles.
Standard stayed fucked, though.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Hitting both of Monastery Mentor's decks means there's a speculator out there crying tonight.
Saw some pro, might have been Menendian (who i'm pretty sure is the guy who wrote that book about gush strats too), on twitter saying that Mentor will be even better potentially. I don't remember the reasoning exactly, but a lot of Vintage lists are 80-90% the same cards so gush/probe being restricted doesn't mean it hurts that specific strategy more then the ones that might have beat it.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Saw some pro, might have been Menendian (who i'm pretty sure is the guy who wrote that book about gush strats too), on twitter saying that Mentor will be even better potentially. I don't remember the reasoning exactly, but a lot of Vintage lists are 80-90% the same cards so gush/probe being restricted doesn't mean it hurts that specific strategy more then the ones that might have beat it.

That's Menendian, and I don't think I agree with his analysis. For one, he's HEAVILY biased in favor of keeping Gush around. Second, the strategy that beats Gush was Workshops. Mentor decks might end up running more artifacts, leading to less effective sphere effects in Shops, but I still think this is all a net positive.

Wish they would have his Misstep too. That card is fucking everywhere and it's annoying.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
RIP standard.

At least I get to spend my amonkhet dollars on more fetches?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Apparently the correct way to piss off Reddit is to imply that Magic is a hobby good, and not a basic life staple required for existence.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
April 24, 2017 Banned and Restricted Announcement
No Standard Bans/Restrictions
No Modern Bans/Restrictions
Sensei's Divining Top banned in Legacy
Gitaxian Probe and Gush Restricted in Vintage.

Pretty huge ban for the Legacy crowd... and for the EDH crowd, since this'll mean a significant price drop on Top, which will lead to it being more common in EDH and more terrible players increasing game length by 50% as they contemplate the order of cards for 5 minutes at the end of each round.

I wonder if the guy who wrote that 300 page book about Gush Strategies is hanging himself right now.

Also EDH unbanned Protean Hulk and banned Leovold.....

Which made Hulk spike hard in price.

Rerun

Molten Core Raider
See guys, they needed a couple extra days to understand what everyone understood as soon as spoilers for the set were revealed.
You'd think the other times they underestimated the combo would have been enough, but no.
Thanks for doing the obvious right thing in the most delayed and dumbest way possible.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Loooooooool all the people that moved in to Saheeli after the initial announcement just got raw dogged so fucking hard.

Surprising no one Saheeli decks have been taking a gigantic steaming shit on mtgo the last two days and finally forced their hand.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
See guys, they needed a couple extra days to understand what everyone understood as soon as spoilers for the set were revealed.
You'd think the other times they underestimated the combo would have been enough, but no.
Thanks for doing the obvious right thing in the most delayed and dumbest way possible.

I was wondering why MTGO got this new set a couple weeks early. They got to be the guinea pigs.

Except WotC didn't tell anyone and emergency bans basically never happen. Anyone that bought based on the initial ban announcement got fucked.