MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Traded for two of the Commander Anthology life-counters last night, they're pretty great for non-tournament-play. Stable, without free-spinning wheels, so if it gets knocked over it doesn't change #. Real handy.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
i still have mine from the commander's arsenal they look like what have at home, unsure if it is the same side by side though

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's a bit different. This one has feet to remain stable, and a colored indicator so that if someone backhands your life counter off the table you still know right where your life was.

RPTQ in the morning. I pray to the god of Amonkhet Sealed, Glorybringer, to bless me with sick pulls and firebreath.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Metamorphosis 2.0
TL;DR
-Masterpieces no longer an "every set" thing, but rather something they'll do when they find a set it really resonates with. (Hooray, opening boosters can feel not-completely-shitty again! Fuck you, lottery tickets!)
-All Expansion Sets are now Large Sets. Products like Conspiracy and the Masters sets can still be small.
-Instead of having 4 "expansion" sets a year, there are now 3. The Block System is dead. Planes can now be featured in one or multiple expansions in the same year, depending on what they feel like doing. No more arbitrary "1 plane for 2-3 sets" restrictions that Blocks had.
-The fourth "set" of the year is a summer release small Core Set aimed at new players, with reprinted seed/sideboard cards for standard. They specifically wanted an "optional buy-in" set back in the main rotation, as people apparently felt fatigued by "needing" a full buy-in on every set each year.
-Still continuing the 2 year fall rotation.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Can't wait to see the endless amounts of chaff they'll be adding to sets to make them large. Core sets have always been shit for value.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ban needed to happen. It's a shitty pill for WoTC to swallow, but if they don't ban it'll be fucking up standard for another 2 whole years.

Just straight axing Magic Duels is a pretty dick move. Right in the middle of a block, just suddenly it's dead? People spend money on that game, pretty fucking brutal to just have it completely yanked like that. Does not inspire confidence if whatever their Next project turns out to be.

I have a stack of like 15 Gitrog Monsters, really fucking hoping this new Crucible bear thingy is the real deal. A lot of pieces are there with tireless tracker, cycle lands, grapple/vessal etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Summary of Today's Stuff:
~2017~
August 25: Commander 2017-Tribes
September 29: Ixalan set releases. Central Americans riding dinosaurs fight Pirates lead by a Gorgon.
November 10: Duel Decks-Goblins VS Merfolk. Betting odds on 0-1 Copies of Cursecatcher?
November 17: Iconic Masters set releases.
November 24: Explorers of Ixalan special multiplayer product releases. Play competing Indiana-Jones-Style Explorers attempting to explore a temple and obtain treasures, while making sure you escape with your life. Comes with 4 premade decks and a "temple" deck similar to the planechase deck.
November 24: From the Vault-Transform. 15 Dual Sided cards. Gimme dat even more fucked up Brisela art please.
December 8: UnStable, Unset #3, releases.
~2018~
January 19: Rivals of Ixalan set releases.
March 16: "25" Masters set releases, $9.99 per pack.
April 18: Dominaria set releases. Richard Garfield on lead design.
July 20: Core Set 2018 releases.

Last edited:

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
So they cancelled future sets for MTG Duels.

The next set should have launched along with HOU, obviously they knew this well in advance because you don't start development on a set a mere month before launching.

Promising.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, you can't tell people ahead of time you're discontinuing their game, or else they'll stop buying digital cards for RL money.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
April 18: Dominaria set releases. Richard Garfield on lead design.
They joke a lot on the SCG coverage about busted cards and play patterns being "just as Richard Garfield intended." So I'm crossing my fingers something like a Blood Moon with Dredge on it. And a white border.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
So they cancelled future sets for MTG Duels.

The next set should have launched along with HOU, obviously they knew this well in advance because you don't start development on a set a mere month before launching.

Promising.

I loved the older Duels of the Planeswalkers games and wanted to get into Duels as it seemed to be the online MTG of the future. But it wasn't compatible with my iPad air (despite being ~ 1 year old at the time) and development for the PS4 got cancelled, so I guess they didn't really want my money. Glad I dodged a bullet there.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Supposed Ixalan leaks (2 sets away), seem real:

r7yoylx9ht3z.jpg

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm dubious. The 2nd leak sheet has that UB2 pirate guy that is worded like shit and causes a draw if he hits an empty battlefield. WoTC has done some dumb shit, but they've been in this game too long to print a single card that draws a game like that.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Full stolen Ixalan rare sheet posted online. This really is the Hour of Revelation.

Grixis Pirate Lord Legend and a Naya Dinosaur Lord Legend, so I am now sad that we have to muddle through HOU to get to Ixalan.