MTG thread

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Now this is a tranny card. First he was a Lord, now she's a Girl?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Wow.. even though its not great in a tokens version of it, it still made me think about aristocrats. Between mayhem devil, grim initiate and cruel celebrant.. there's certainly some strong tools for an aristocrats deck. It's like they made stronger versions of all the non-sac outlet parts of an aristocrats deck, but not the outlet part.
The priest of forgotten gods is good, but a little slow and dies to removal too easily. Maybe instead of being a full on aristocrats style, it's more like a midrange mardu token deck with an aristocrats sub-theme.

Then again, things never seem to end up the way they look halfway through a spoiler season. Everyone thought judith was gonna make a RBx deck viable in standard, but after the first few weeks that didn't pan out.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
View attachment 202340

Now this is a tranny card. First he was a Lord, now she's a Girl?

You forgot when Massacre was first a proud black man.

Image.jpeg

Then then he fell for a white woman's curse

m-742-025-1nm_2.jpg

Then he kinda got weird....

Image (1).jpeg

So now it looks likes he's on the diversity bandwagon and thinks he will be see more play as a transgender assassin.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the elf but since lands cannot enter the field as a fast effect it presents with a lot of ways to die before effect resolution. That being said, it is a creature than needs to die or things could get bad fast. A gates deck might find use for this elf. I like the quote.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Massacre girl is an interesting combat trick. It makes blocking anything it doesn't kill much less appealing since the additional -1 triggers the whole turn.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Our regional $5k MCQ is on the 11th next month, so like, 2-3 weeks with full spoiler to practice, 7 days with full set release to obtain the cards. Should a be fun, if hectic little window of testing/preparing.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>

What the fuck. Am I missing something or does this bitch seem crazy good? Just imagining someone turn one dark ritualing this hooker out, fuck everyone else’s ramp, fuck your tutors, fuck you graveyard decks and you can still kill your own damn self if you’re running your own graveyard deck. Dayumn.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
View attachment 203510

What the fuck. Am I missing something or does this bitch seem crazy good? Just imagining someone turn one dark ritualing this hooker out, fuck everyone else’s ramp, fuck your tutors, fuck you graveyard decks and you can still kill your own damn self if you’re running your own graveyard deck. Dayumn.

There are better cheaper cards with the same effect, I doubt she sees play outside of standard.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
here's all these fun planeswalkers oh btw if you want to play them you better be playing heavy control

After playing 50% of matches vs Esper Control these days, fuck control decks right now. I can't wait until all the fixing rotates out so control decks a actually have to make some fucking decisions about what to play rather than exactly how many removals and sweepers they want.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
After playing 50% of matches vs Esper Control these days, fuck control decks right now. I can't wait until all the fixing rotates out so control decks a actually have to make some fucking decisions about what to play rather than exactly how many removals and sweepers they want.

Play gruul or monored gruul kinda bending over esper/wilderness right now

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Play gruul or monored gruul kinda bending over esper/wilderness right now

I don't have the wildcards to go that direction sooooo fuck control still.

Honestly, the idea that on 3 mana these decks can consistently have the colors up for both cry of the carnarium and absorb is just stupid. Then the next turn reliably have kya's wrath as well. The decision to combine shock lands with check lands seems like an obviously silly one, but I guess they really wanted to push easy three color decks.

Sterling

El Presidente
I don't have the wildcards to go that direction sooooo fuck control still.

Honestly, the idea that on 3 mana these decks can consistently have the colors up for both cry of the carnarium and absorb is just stupid. Then the next turn reliably have kya's wrath as well. The decision to combine shock lands with check lands seems like an obviously silly one, but I guess they really wanted to push easy three color decks.
It's always like that around Ravnica blocks or other gold/multicolor pushed formats. But I agree that it's more interesting when adding a 3rd color to your deck has a real cost.

• 1Like