MTG thread

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm hoping I can sell this dumb JP art foil Jace for something that'll put a dent in the $300 I spent on that box...

The fuck did you pay $300 for? I can get you boxes for less than half of that, 3 day shipping from Japan included. I could have even thrown in a pack of Liliana Sleeves and a B3 cardboard poster.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The fuck did you pay $300 for? I can get you boxes for less than half of that, 3 day shipping from Japan included. I could have even thrown in a pack of Liliana Sleeves and a B3 cardboard poster.

Was having a bad day, we were at our LGS and that's what they were selling them for and I wanted some theraputic pack cracking. :( It was not a good decision, trust me, I know. Should have just bought a UMA like my fiance. Fucker made a killing on it, as always. He has the damn touch.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, the booby prize for trying to buy the Masterpiece Edition and failing is a $20 Ebay gift card... and a foil uncut rare/mythic WAR sheet.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I wish we could get something we could actually use. I have no idea what to do with an uncut sheet of cards, other than hang it somewhere. As far as I know, they're fairly large, though, and I'm dreading the price to frame one of those fuckers.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The price to frame is ridiculous. It's also pretty difficult/pricy to find a cutter that actually does MTG-style corners. But if you do go through the effort of cutting them correctly, they are actual magic cards at least.

If you just want to use them for casual play, square/round cuts work too.

rad

Lord of Guk
So, the booby prize for trying to buy the Masterpiece Edition and failing is a $20 Ebay gift card... and a foil uncut rare/mythic WAR sheet.

I mean.. with some of the pictures I've seen we may have gotten the better end of the deal! Hope the quality isn't really what it appears to be on the mythic sets.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I'm taking offers already on my sheet. But if I find a good place to get it cut for a decent price I'll do that instead, would make a lot of money off it that way.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
People are allowed to be pissed off. What always happens happened, but the idea that a lawsuit is getting filed is just fucking stupid.

A lawsuit is going to contribute a whole lot more to preventing Hasbro from pulling shit like this again then angry internet posts.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They should have just sold it physically at Hascon if they want people to actually go to it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I kinda like uncut sheets and "special" shit like that, More so than being sent a random mythic box topper or something but I'd rather have my $850 per box sets.

Friend got hers yesterday and opened one of them and they are all super dark printed. This is just a fuck up all around.

I'm going to get it framed and put it next to my signed Terese Nielsen Eternal Witness print in my game room.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
So what are these mythic sheets and boxes all about anyways?

Wizards released a very small number (12k) "Mythic Editions" a box set that had 8 high in demand cards with alternate art. They cost $250 each and you could buy 2 each, They go for $850 each on ebay now so if you could buy one it would be a massive come up on the secondary market.

Long and short of it they sold about 40k of these in 5 minutes and cancelled all but 12k of them, for the rest of the people who had their orders cancelled they are sending them an uncut sheet of foil rares/Mythics of the current set.

an Uncut sheet is an off the printer sheet, so they are the same as magic cards just....uncut. It has all the mythics and rares on it and they are massive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I kinda like uncut sheets and "special" shit like that, More so than being sent a random mythic box topper or something but I'd rather have my $850 per box sets.

Friend got hers yesterday and opened one of them and they are all super dark printed. This is just a fuck up all around.

I'm going to get it framed and put it next to my signed Terese Nielsen Eternal Witness print in my game room.

Let me know how much that frame job costs.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Wizards released a very small number (12k) "Mythic Editions" a box set that had 8 high in demand cards with alternate art. They cost $250 each and you could buy 2 each, They go for $850 each on ebay now so if you could buy one it would be a massive come up on the secondary market.

Long and short of it they sold about 40k of these in 5 minutes and cancelled all but 12k of them, for the rest of the people who had their orders cancelled they are sending them an uncut sheet of foil rares/Mythics of the current set.

an Uncut sheet is an off the printer sheet, so they are the same as magic cards just....uncut. It has all the mythics and rares on it and they are massive.
That's pretty rad. Shame they fucked up so bad with the sale.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Why is it expensive to frame foil sheets? Is it because you have to get a curved frame?

• 2Worf
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Why is it expensive to frame foil sheets? Is it because you have to get a curved frame?

The sheet is 11x11 cards in dimensions which is over three feet in at least one dimension without doing math. That alone already makes it pricey just in size. You’re also going to want matting and glass to keep the sheet from getting damaged.

E:fuck I just realized this was a curved foils hot take.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users