MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Hmm interesting especially with a Blood Sun maybe?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you Reanimate that demon, you draw 8 cards immediatly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Ajani gives flying in his ultimate? Fits white yeah but doesn't fit Ajani. Flavor fail.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ajani gives flying in his ultimate? Fits white yeah but doesn't fit Ajani. Flavor fail.

I also would argue that for the trouble of getting to that point, you would think it might be an emblem and not just a one time thing. I like Mu Yangling.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I also would argue that for the trouble of getting to that point, you would think it might be an emblem and not just a one time thing. I like Mu Yangling.

Yeah those must be the planeswalkers from the PW decks, they never make those as strong as regular 6-mana walkers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Interesting read.
It’s possible to build a Turing machine within Magic: The Gathering
Churchill proposed the possibility of assembling a universal Turing machine from Magic cards several years ago as a means of proving that the game is "Turing complete." (You can read all the gory details at his website.) This latest work is a culmination of those earlier findings.

First proposed by Alan Turing in the 1930s, a Turing machine is an abstract concept, as opposed to a physical object, that laid the conceptual groundwork for the invention of the modern computer and basic programming techniques. As Matt Ford wrote for Ars back in 2007,

Turing machines are simple logic devices that can be made to simulate the logic of any standard computer that could be constructed. They consist of an infinite number of cells on a tape (the memory) and an active cell that is referred to as the "head." Each cell can be one of a set number of colors, and the head can have a fixed number of states. A set of rules determine how the combination of cell color and head state dictates what color should be written to the tape, what state the head should be placed in, and what direction it should move (left or right).
A universal Turing machine is one capable of running any algorithm, while "Turing completeness" is a term "used to indicate that a system has a particular degree of complexity," said Churchill. "Any Turing-complete system is theoretically able to emulate any other." Being able to determine whether a given problem can be solved in principle is a key task in computer science. If Magic is Turing complete, then there should exist within the game a scenario where it's impossible to determine a winning strategy—equivalent to the famous "halting problem" in computer science