MTG thread

Rime

<Donor>

Cavalier of Squalls
2UUU
Creature - Elemental Knight
Flying

When Cavalier of Squalls enters the battlefield, you draw three cards, then put two card from your hand to the top of your library.

When Cavalier of Squalls dies, shuffle it into your library, then Scry 2.

Gargos, Vicious Warden
3GGG
Legendary Creature - Hydra
Vigilance

Hydra spells you cast cost 4 less.

Whenever a creature you control becomes the target of a spell, Gargos, Vicious Warden fights up to one target creature you don't control.

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
What's going on with the powerlevel of this set? They doing powercreep again? I quit because of boring everything got after they powered the game down after I want to say Theros?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Doesn't seem too powered up, most of this stuff is like, Commander type cards.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Ajani gives flying in his ultimate? Fits white yeah but doesn't fit Ajani. Flavor fail.

I don't believe it is a flavor fail, especially with a return to Theros on the horizon. Ajani has worn Elspeth's cloak since she was betrayed by Heliod and killed. Throwing on a very Elspeth bit to his ultimate is pretty cool, especially on a PW deck card, where they can do a bit more of a story and not have to worry about it actually being good.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Power level of magic sets has been in roughly the same range for pretty much the history of the game. It's just been focused on midrange permanents and expensive powerful spells when in the early days of magic it was focused on cheap things. The exceptions are when they fuck up a mechanic, usually resulting in dramatically undercosted cards. Free spells from Urza Block, Affinity, Phyrexian Mana, Delve etc.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, with Fetch Lands or the new Lotus Field this is Mono White double-ramp for WW.

What a time to be alive.

MonoWhiteRamp.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
My mythic edition consolation prize came in today. Thankfully very minimal damage, just one dog-earred corner and a tiny rip on an edge way down at the bottom. The damn tube was barely sealed so I'm amazed the cap didn't just fly off in shipping and have the sheet fall out. Overall, happy we didn't get a completely busted one like a lot of folks did. Have to figure out when and how to frame this sucker, now.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I got mine on monday, haven't opened it yet. Didn't know there could be damage to the thing in the tube, sigh.