MTG thread

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Oko is out of Fry range the turn you play him. Someone deserves to be fired over exclusively that interaction.

The only reasonable justification is that his +1 is a typo, should have been -1, and no one will fess up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The only reasonable justification is that his +1 is a typo, should have been -1, and no one will fess up.

even at -1 he's still pretty much broken.

+2 needs to be a +1

+1 needs to be a -1

He needs to start with 3 power

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm fine with them pushing the power level/weirdness of walkers, just wish it was more in the 5CMC-6CMC slot where it's less likely to ruin formats than the 2-3CMC slots.

Like, WAR Sarkhan is sweet, powerful, and opens up an entirely new play pattern. But he costs 5 and has deckbuilding costs as well, so it doesn't matter that he looks busted when he works, because the costs all line up in such a way to mitigate it. The headliner Chandra from M20 terrified everyone, and has cool, unique effect. But it costs 6 mana, has a few blind spots, and its most "unparalleled" effect, the DoT Emblem, is dedicated to the long game, so it didn't actually break anything. Shit, even 5 mana Teferi, as strong as he is, isn't busted. The same people bitching about him all format were the same people who bitch anytime hard control is functional.

You get to do your hype/busted thing, but it doesn't break the format. The same costs aren't there in self-contained beastmode 3CMC walkers, so you get to do your shit AND bust the format.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Hey guys, I had a thought about Oko. If his starting loyalty was 1 less and his +1 was a +0 instead he'd STILL be a REALLY good card.

Vinen

God is dead
MP+ Tabernacle & unsearched Legends pack for 1,800. (1,500 + 200 + Tax). LGS near me had the legends pack in-stock for quite a while so the Magic stock manager gave me a deal.

20191116_143016.jpg

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
I question that unsearched part on that with the crimping you can see, now granted i havent held a pack on legends un opened in at least 10 years so the wrappers might do that after time, but either way thats a solid pick up

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah that upper left corner of that pack makes it hard for me to believe it's unsearched, but still 1800 for that seems not totally unreasonable.

Vinen

God is dead
I see your points. The other three packs were more obviously searched or stored in a way that would make it look it. Searched or not I'm still stoked at the decent quality Tabernacle and a potentially unsearched Legends pack for this price. I'll take some better pictures of the pack in the morning. Its an interesting discussion so I'd like to see more thoughts on searching. Still in the Market for an Unlimited, Arabian Nights and Antiqutites pack for my collection.

On good terms with the guy who runs the Magic section of the store so I suspect I can get some other interesting details down the line. The store got this as part of a trade for their Bazaar of Baghdad. He's going to let me know if/when they get any other interesting Reserve list cards from the early sets. I'm still in the market for Heavy Played Power 9 but I'm prefer to not buy them online.

Last edited:

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Standard Bans: Oko, once upon a time, veil of summer
Brawl Bans: Oko
Legacy Bans: Wrenn and Six
Vintage Restrictions: Narset, Parter of Veils

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I'm starting to think maybe planeswalkers should be restricted in every constructed format, would solve alot of headaches but allow for powerful walkers to be around but not dominate.

Last edited:

Vinen

God is dead
How so? One planeswalker was all it took to fuck it up?

And Hogaak but that just fucked up Modern.
I thought it was a good set TBH.

Just finished building my Pioneer BW Approach deck. Should be fun to see how it does this Friday.