MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Standard might not be awful now. Surprised it took this long to restrict Narset in Vintage.

I'm surprised they care enough to bother.

Maybe they just email Rich Shay like once a quarter and do whatever he says.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
nobody cares about pauper. Go be poor somewhere else.

Watch your tone retard, some people like to play magic and that's what this thread is for.

You and that furry guy are the worst two posters here, no one is impressed you dropped 10k on some boxes of coldsnap for your man cave because your wife stopped fucking you.

Post it on the high end Facebook with the rest of the too stupid to learn how to play the stock market man children.

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't even make the connection those two posts were the same guy.

Yeah, go fuck yourself Vinen Vinen

Neither did I, so as someone who had to sell his (modest) collection earlier this year to help with bills while I go through some shit, I would like to also reiterate:

Go fuck yourself Vinen Vinen

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vinen

God is dead
Was intended to be a very shitty joke. I apologize. It was pretty tonedef.

Pauper pretty much got destroyed by Pioneer at my LGS. While I don't play the format i like it as it does put cards in play that otherwise would not be played. Similar to the reason I enjoy sealed formats.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
stupid 1.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
standard mtg bro's fill me in, i've only been back into magic for a few sets since arena started, is this the biggest fuck up in a while or is this the norm for every new block?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Three-mana planeswalkers are riskier space than we were giving them credit for, even when we were giving them a lot of credit.
In particular, we were leaning too hard on planeswalkers' ability to be attacked and how much less reliable that counterplay is on three-mana planeswalkers.

Ever read something and be like "holy shit this person is smart as fuck?" Well this article ain't that. Pedestrian insights about shit everyone already knew. The best interpretation I can give is this article was written for general audiences without any plan for it to say much of anything beyond "we know this shit didn't meet our standards and we're working on it." As an article about card design and set design it says almost nothing.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Ever read something and be like "holy shit this person is smart as fuck?" Well this article ain't that. Pedestrian insights about shit everyone already knew. The best interpretation I can give is this article was written for general audiences without any plan for it to say much of anything beyond "we know this shit didn't meet our standards and we're working on it." As an article about card design and set design it says almost nothing.

Reading that reaffirms my thoughts that Wizards does very little playtesting. Have a 25+ year old game...still not follow basic rules learned over the years. His excuse that Oko was once 'even more powerful' does him no favors. His bragging about 'mainly hitting their goal' is obnoxious as well. "We've fucked up standard with a Valakut knock off and then with a barely tested PW, but we did a damn fine job! At least we didn't pull another Smuggler's Copter out this time!"

Good job, guys!

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Part of the problem is just not enough testing happens because it's such a small pool of players. Even with a good percentage of them being former pro players they're just going to miss stuff especially considering they have other tasks besides just testing. That being said, there's not really any excuse for Oko and Once Upon a Time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
A slight rule change would fix planeswalkers I think.

In combat you designate your target (player or walker) after blocks are declared.

• 1Like

Vinen

God is dead
that's what i assumed at first but then i wasn't sure. good on you to not double down lol, you're okay :p

Yah I try to keep my douchery to threads Noodle is in.

I am sad thought. Forgot I had a full art Oko. Came from the box openings Rudy did. Got the package the day before I flew out of the country for 5 weeks and I'm barely getting back to sorting stuff out. Wish I had sold/traded that shit off :|

Anyone else notice that some printing of Throne of Eldrain foils are utter garbage? Had mine in a dry cabinet (plenty of things to collect moisture from the air) and they've curled like little bitches. Seem to be able to flatten them out with heavy books, etc but this is def the worst I've seen. I don't think its moisture thats causing it.

I -think- they are the foils I got from the normal box and the pre-release cards that I opened. The cards I got from Rudy's box opening are still pristine. They were in a different cabinet but same setup.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I am sad thought. Forgot I had a full art Oko. Came from the box openings Rudy did. Got the package the day before I flew out of the country for 5 weeks and I'm barely getting back to sorting stuff out. Wish I had sold/traded that shit off :|

Oko is still gonna be pretty valuable for other formats, no?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I had an extended Oko as well that I pulled from my prerelease packs. Was looking at prices when the banning idea first started coming out and then forgot to actually sell the thing and then the price tanked. Probably just going to hold onto the damn thing now.

The foils I’ve gotten from regular ToE packs have been getting a tiny bit of curl to them, but the shit from collectors packs I’ve opened have been straighter than a hard dick at a strip club. I think it’s the nicest stock I’ve seen since I started playing in BfZ.

• 1Like

Vinen

God is dead
I had an extended Oko as well that I pulled from my prerelease packs. Was looking at prices when the banning idea first started coming out and then forgot to actually sell the thing and then the price tanked. Probably just going to hold onto the damn thing now.

The foils I’ve gotten from regular ToE packs have been getting a tiny bit of curl to them, but the shit from collectors packs I’ve opened have been straighter than a hard dick at a strip club. I think it’s the nicest stock I’ve seen since I started playing in BfZ.

Thanks for the confirmation!