MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Gotta save my rupees for $25 Commander Legends booster packs at the end of the year yo.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
why? everybody wants those and the normal boxes ev is in the toilet cause of it

Massive over-saturation of mythics, only really 2 playable chase cards for eternal formats (heliod and uro), temples are bad, pokemon lands are too common to hold any value.

Alternate art walkers are basically at price parity with normal versions, which should tell you immediately how bad an idea holding any sealed of this is.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
people writing off the product now is probably why it will be successful in the long run ironically

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinen

God is dead
people writing off the product now is probably why it will be successful in the long run ironically

Pretty much. I'm tossing my 10 boxes of collectors into my basement for long term storage. See where they go in a few years.

I just finished selling a few of my cases of BFZ for nearly 50% more than what I paid last July.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Card generator bots getting a little to real for me

qox59znhe4g41.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Hey guys.

How do you guys feel into being merged with the Arena thread, maybe merge that one into here, or this one into the other one?

The reasons for asking is so we have just one place to talk about magic, instead of being segmented into two threads.
Most of the conversations here overlap with the topic over there. format/bannings/decks.

The one thing they do differ is the collectible part of it, other than that our topics are very similar.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Hey guys.

How do you guys feel into being merged with the Arena thread, maybe merge that one into here, or this one into the other one?

The reasons for asking is so we have just one place to talk about magic, instead of being segmented into two threads.

more I think about it I feel negative about it

this thread is for collecting and older formats, other thread is for standard and arena

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
more I think about it I feel negative about it

this thread is for collecting and older formats, other thread is for standard and arena
Then have arena merged into here.

My point is that lets say i want to talk about how broken Okko is and how is he destroying the format.

Do I post it here or there. We do have a healthy conversation here about meta as well. I want to avoid having two threads, because that decreases the overall traffic / content generation.
We tend to talk more if we have a single thread where we just go full on autistic.

Anyways, I'm trying to improve and increase the magic talk and traffic. That is where i come from.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Then have arena merged into here.

My point is that lets say i want to talk about how broken Okko is and how is he destroying the format.

Do i post it here or there. We do have a healthy conversation here about meta as well.

no, it's a video game, you're being stupid - who cares. meta conversations rarely happen here except when you come in with dumb comment and people get frustrated - almost all gameplay talk happens in arena thread, and all collection talk happens here. literally no one has a problem with this except for you because for some reason you can't work out the difference between the threads

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
no, it's a video game, you're being stupid - who cares. meta conversations rarely happen here except when you come in with dumb comment and people get frustrated - almost all gameplay talk happens in arena thread, and all collection talk happens here. literally no one has a problem with this except for you because for some reason you can't work out the difference between the threads

"it's a video game" really .. come on.

Sterling

El Presidente
I don't really care if the threads get merged, or retitled or whatever. It doesn't really matter to me which thread gets talk about standard or other formats that also are on arena. This thread obviously is where most of the collection and old format stuff happens, but not sure we have enough traffic to really make a difference if both threads get merged, but I'm not sure if anything really improves if it does either. A very slight reduction on duplication between threads doesn't really seem like anything to get excited about.

• 1Like

Vinen

God is dead
Purchased 4 cases of Theros Collectors for 140 USD a box. (24 boxes)
Take that for what it is. Guy was liquidating. I'm just tossing these in the basement now for a few years.

Theros is a giant failure.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I keep staring at the $200 out-the-door Theros Collectors boxes, but I just can't pull the trigger. Esp hearing those ^^ prices (even if that's bulk + liquidating). May look back and regret it in the future, but I feel better with my normal expansion boxes. And worst case I can pop those with my son down the road, without feeling a gut punch of overpriced shiny shit.

Bad enough being a collector, dropping money into singles that will NEVER gain value haha But we all need a hobby!

Chris

Potato del Grande
All the boosters should be like that. Let us see on the packet what theme deck it is too.

Would make limited accessible and draft more interesting as you could draft 1 pack at a time rather than 1 card at a time.

• 1Like