my favorite was Redemption.

Tapping was called genuflection

Son_of_God.gif
unnamed.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
played the star wars CCG by dechiper(sp), rage, and MTG, was a place in florida, when pokemon dropped, they coudlnt sell the boxes, asked me and a friend if we'd buy them under cost so they'd get soem money back, never did then the ebay craze happened

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So many CCGs back then. Spellfire did predate Magic though. I tried so many of those games and almost all of them were so bad. Overpower, Middle Earth, Star Wars, Star Trek, Wyvern, Jyhad, etc.

I see your hand of dead from day 1 products, and raise you: Hyborian Gates,
9d22a000-ec62-11e5-827b-6467f8f60740.jpg

Ani-mayhem,
qaplgqeskb921.jpg

and Lord of Bad Ideas for a CCG: Heresy: Kingdom Come (cards are ~30% longer than regular cards and had a SUPER BRITTLE finish on them. Couldn't find sleeves for shit, and they almost shattered just shuffling a couple of times)
s-l500.jpg

16678334032_b7c4b4b72d_b.jpg

• 1Weird Boner

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Did you assemble enough booster pack pyramids to go first in Hyperborean Gates?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
From the creators of Magic comes Hecatomb

Featuring pentagonal clear plastic cards you stacked on top of each other!

Sleeves to protect your investment or to designate who owns what in your communal stack of cards during a game?

Fuck no!

Hecatomb_Great_Cthulhu.jpg

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I remember when that game came out my friend actually woodworked a "deckbox" for it, since nothing extant would hold them without damaging them.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Friends and I enjoyed Battletech and Illuminati CCGs. Battletech was also created by Garfield, and had 6 expansions, so it had some legs. Not long ones, but /shrug

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
I agree, not having ridiculous expensive cards is good for the game.
There's always going to be best cards in sets. If there's sets where nothing is good enough even for Standard then that's just as bad as having over pushed nonsense.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
There's always going to be best cards in sets. If there's sets where nothing is good enough even for Standard then that's just as bad as having over pushed nonsense.
I remembered when they did the Energy release, and it was so broken, that as soon as the next set came in they banned a lot of the energy cards. attune and rogue refiner

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I remembered when they did the Energy release, and it was so broken, that as soon as the next set came in they banned a lot of the energy cards. attune and rogue refiner

Try the tolarian acadamy / timespiral bans for costly ones in standard.

Sterling

El Presidente
They banned Marvel pretty early, but they didn't ban that other shit until later. Was the January 2018 B&R update I think. Also energy is a dumb mechanic. Anytime you can get around normal mana costs it's dangerous. Almost all the major fuckups have been this sort of thing. Phyrexian mana, Energy, Delve, Affinity, etc.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Yes, they banned the main energy generators once the new set came out and it did nothing to the old Temur Energy deck.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Part of the Theors EV being shit is the collector boosters are well. They have 3 "showcase" or whatever you want to call it cards per pack, and only mythics exist with those special extended art or alternate frames, so every path is 3 mythics. The prices on stuff like alternate art gods or planeswalkers is in the absolute shitter because of that and you can buy special versions of them for the same or less as the normal prints.